Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Big Island Expedition Helicopter Excursion from Kona on Hawaii Island
See Hawai‘i Island’s stunning scenery, and delve into the island’s rich history and culture in Hilo town. Depart from Kona, and fly over the coffee district on your way to Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park. Discover what Kīlauea Volcano has left in the wake of its historic eruptiion- the 8-mile river of frozen lava from Fissure 8 to the Pacific Ocean, the newest black sand beaches on earth, and giant craters! Heading north, see lava fields give way to waterfalls and rich vegetation. Land in Hilo where you can take complimentary transportation downtown for a self-guided walk to the farmers market, Pacific Tsunami Museum, Lyman Museum, unique shops, etc. Or venture out on your own. ‘Akaka Falls, the World Botanical Gardens, ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center, and Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park are all within driving distance. At the end of your excursion your helicopter awaits to take you on the second half of your air tour. See lush rainforests, incomparable Kohala valleys, and iconic beaches.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kailua-Kona, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Fly over the Kona coffee district, the slopes of Hualālai, and Mauna Loa on your way to Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park.
Pass By: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
As your air tour guide, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. After over 35 years of activity, discover what Kīlauea Volcano has left in the wake of its recent historic eruptive episode. Witness otherworldly landscapes like the incredible 8-mile river of frozen lava from Fissure 8 to the Pacific Ocean, the newest black sand beaches on earth, and enormous craters created by these recent events!
Stop At: Hilo, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Take the complimentary ground transportation to the downtown area for a self-guided walk to the farmers market, Pacific Tsunami Museum, Lyman Museum, unique shops, and other points of interest. Or, you can choose to venture out on your own. ‘Akaka Falls, the World Botanical Gardens, ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center, and Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park are all within driving distance. At the end of your excursion your helicopter awaits to take you on the second half of your air tour.
Duration: 8 hours
Pass By: Kohala Coast, Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
You’ll visit lush rainforests and the incomparable Kohala valleys. The views here are spectacular and often the favorite hidden gem discovered by our guests.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 08:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Most travelers can participate
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for anyone over 5 years old, unless a medical condition prevents it. If COVID-like symptoms are observed, temperature may be taken and we may reschedule your flight.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-5120P29
Similar Tours & Activities
Best Mauna Kea Summit Tour (Free sunset and star photo!)
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel