Big Island Air Tour by Cessna Plane
"See it all " with the oldest air tour company in the state on our Premier Island Tour. You will enjoy lush green valleys, the coastal views, Maunal Loa and Mauna Kea, all in first class air conditioned and pressurized for your comfort. Take in the stunning scenery of the Big Island on a deluxe sightseeing flight that lasts almost 105 minutes. This scenic flight, accompanied by your expert pilot’s informative commentary, makes for a truly memorable experience of Hawaii.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Qualified and professional pilot
Meet your expert pilot after making your own way to Kona International Airport. After a short briefing, get comfortable in your guaranteed window seat and put on the provided headset, which allows you to hear your pilots narrative throughout the flight. Enjoy extra legroom on your Cessna Caravan plane, which seats a maximum of nine passengers.
Take in the sights as your pilot flies to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Preserve. From the air, enjoy an excellent perspective on the enormous park, which includes two volcanoes: Kilauea, one of the world's most active volcanoes, and Mauna Loa, the world's largest subaerial volcano. Learn fascinating facts about each as you look for fresh lava flows, and marvel at stunning views of steaming calderas and lava fields. You can take amazing photos and see areas of the volcanic field that are not readily accessible by land.
Continuing over the Big Island, gaze at green valleys lush with rainforests and waterfalls, black-sand and white-sand beaches, macadamia nut and Kona coffee farms, ancient Hawaiian settlements and hundreds of mile of coastline. You might even spot migrating whales. Throughout your flight, your pilot shares detailed information about Hawaii’s geography, history, legends and other interesting facts.
Your pilot makes sure to circle the sights so that both sides of the plane get great views and photo ops. You also get more time in the air than most flights, which means that you see more and cover more territory before touching down at the airport, where your air tour ends.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Landing fee and fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- 1 hour 30-minute scenic flight and tour narration
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum per person weight of 220 lbs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- 23 months old and below with a combination of adult and the baby for 220 lbs.
- Passenger exceeding 220 lbs can purchase 2 seats
- Check in 30 minutes before flight time.
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers that can not walk.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 7 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
I highly recommend taking the Cessna flight. The Big Island is so large that it has been difficult in two weeks here to feel I've fully seen it. Driving from Kona to other parts of the island takes a long time, and I was disappointed in some of the driving trips I made. After taking this 2-hour airplane ride, I feel I have seen the entire island...I even saw lava flowing from the volcano! The plane was comfortable and expertly piloted the pilot was knowledgeable and personable. The 500 foot altitude was the perfect viewpoint for looking at the ocean, the coastline, the lava fields, the desert, the black-sand beaches, the rainforest areas and waterfalls, the town of Hilo and so much more. Worth the price!
A lovely trip. The plane was very nice and the guide unmatched. Do it!
We had a great time on the tour and our pilot was very nice and informative. The seats were so comfortable you could take a nap in them, but if you did, you'd miss the scenery which went by so fast. Great tour!!!
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities