ADVENTURES IN PARADISE 11:30AM KAYAK & SNORKEL - Captain Cook Monument
Paddle 30 minutes across the emerald green and cobalt blue waters of Kealakekua Bay. As you paddle below 600' high cliffs in stable two person kayaks, look for spinner dolphins that playfully leap and spin. Arrive at the calm waters of Ka'awaloa cove to snorkel and explore above coral gardens and colorful tropical fish on this tour of Kealakekua Bay. Splash in refreshing, crystal clear water and explore the underwater terrain for over an hour. Enjoy stepping on British soil as we visit famous Capt. Cook Monument, enjoying the unique experience of landing at the Capt. Cook Monument and Kealakekua Bay State Historic Park. Group sizes are capped at 12 people to ensure a personalized trip on this 3.5 hour adventure.
Join us on a 3.5 hour kayak and snorkel adventures starting at Napoopoo Pier at beautiful and historic Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park. We provide kayak gear and instruction and then help you launch your double kayak for the trip across the bay to our snorkeling spot at Awili Cove near the Captain Cook Monument. Along the way we oftentimes see Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins which we typically stop and watch with insights into their habitat and behavior. We provide exclusive state permits to land near the Captain Cook Monument which you will visit and snorkel from the pier. We provide snorkel gear and instruction and your guide will help you find the best spots to snorkel safely and see the myriad of tropical fish and coral gardens below. After snorkeling, we provide bottled water and snacks before heading back to our starting point. Join us for this popular and interesting adventure in paradise! Paddlers age 10-65 are welcome, but be aware the paddle across the bay is 35 minutes of strenuous paddling & guides set a brisk pace. Kayakers often times capsize & a significant physical effort is required to right the kayak and complete a push-up to reenter the kayak.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Use of Kayak Gear
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age 10, maximum age 65.
- This is a challenging physical activity: no physical handicaps, no back problems, no pregnant paddlers, no heart problems, no medical problems.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- No guests over 250 pounds
- If travelling with children one adult and one child per kayak: Adult must be able to paddle for themselves and child
- Adults must be able to paddle 30-40 minutes nonstop.
- Must have sufficient strength to perform a "self-rescue" when they capsize. This requires performing a "from the water push-up" to reenter their kayak.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Average 4.80 out of 5 stars based on 5 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities