2 hour walking cultural and historical food tour through Hilo town
We share a deep cultural history that is reflected in our food and unique only to the islands of Hawaii. We offer not just a tasting experience but a walk through historic Hilo town filled with memories, stories and lore that connect you to us as a people and place and leave you with a sense of awe of such a beautiful place and a deeper appreciation for our local food scene with a greater appreciation for flavors one would not have tried on your own.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hilo, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
our tour guide meets you here and begins with introductions with an oral history and cultural intro into our food and islands and people and how it is all reflected in ourfusion of flavirs
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hilo Farmers Market, Cnr of Mamo St & Kamehameha Ave, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
our guide walks you through our 35 year old farmers market at the heart of Hilo. We introduce you to exotic flavors, fruits and treats found here in the islands and introduce you to a few farmers and vendors who are descended from the immigrants who came here to work the sugar cane fields.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Hilo Guitars and Ukuleles, 56 Ponahawai St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720-3026
along the way you will pass by this little store that sells ukulele of every design, and learn the origins of the ukulele and its significance in our island culture as an adopted piece of culture from another making it our very own here in Hawaii
Pass By: Palace Theater, 38 Haili St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720-2802
after your first stop we walk by Palace Theater, one of Hilo's old building with a French influence in architecture where all of our live plays and symphonies are performed.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay, 308 Kamehameha Ave #101, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
- Lunch - there are tastings at every stop
- We do offer umbrellas since Hilo is known to receive over 200 inches of rain annually. we do recommend bringing an umbrella as well and poncho if weather looks rainy if wanted.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities