Tarragona and Sitges Tour with Small Group and Hotel Pick Up
Travel back in time to the ancient capital of Hispania and enjoy the modern charm of Sitges. Live a day in the warmer shores of Catalonia. You will first travel to Tarragona, also known by its ancient name 'Tarraco', and then make your way to beautiful Sitges. Finish the day in San Sebastian, the best urban beach in Europe.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona Spain
Start this tour directly from your hotel or apartment in Barcelona city. We come to pick you up, so please be sure to let us know exactly where you are staying.
Enjoy an overview of Barcelona city along the route, pass by Catalunya Square, Barcelona Cathedral, Passeig de Gracia and the Gaudi Houses, such as the Batllo and the Pedrera, and many other highlights.
Pass By: Casa Batllo, Passeig de Gracia, 43, 08007 Barcelona Spain
Pass By: Casa Mila - La Pedrera, Passeig de Gracia, 92, 08008 Barcelona Spain
Stop At: Pont del Diable, Tarragona Sant Pere Outside of Town on N240, 43006 Tarragona Spain
Get on the road to head to Tarragona, a beautiful secret of the Mediterranean Coast. Tarragona is home to one of the most important and best preserved Roman archeological sites of the country, declared as World Heritage Site of UNESCO. Discover the many well preserved remains of this civilization in a walking tour of the Old Town with an expert and passionate guide.
Before entering the city, get amazed by the ingenuous construction of the Devil’s Bridge. This aqueduct of 711 feet (217 meters) long and 85 feet (26 meters) high, is a spectacular example of the advanced Roman engineering. The Devil’s Bridge provided Tarragona with water right up until the 18th century. Take amazing pictures of this ancient bridge surrounded by woodlands.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Casco Antiguo de Tarragona, Tarragona Spain
Start a walking tour through the old town of the city and let yourself go through a labyrinth of narrow cobbled streets and shady squares. Soak up the atmosphere and imagine what it must have felt like to live here during the middle ages or the Roman Empire times.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Amfiteatre, Parc del Milagro, 43004 Tarragona Spain
Get the chance to get inside of the amphitheatre of Tarragona, the 13th UNESCO listed Roman remains. The amphitheater was cut into the hillside leading up from the beach at the start of the second century AD and used to stage Gladiator contests and public executions.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Murallas de Tarragona, Av. Catalunya S/N, 43003 Tarragona Spain
You will see the Roman walls of the city, the oldest construction of the Roman Tarragona since they go back to the foundation of the initial military camp or the immediately later period.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Catedral Basilica Metropolitana Primada de Tarragona, Placa de la Seu Entrada por Carrer Mare de Deu del Claustre, 43003 Tarragona Spain
Have a look to the Cathedral, declared a National Monument and a Cultural Good of National Interest.
Pass By: Monumento a los Castellers, Rambla Nova, 43004 Tarragona Spain
Pass by a surprising monument of Castellers and learn from your passionate guide about this typical Catalan tradition of a human tower building. This massive creation, formed by a total of 219 figures, is 11 meters high and weighs about 12 tons. A must-see while being in Tarragona.
Stop At: Mercado Central de Tarragona, Placa de Corsini s/n, 43001 Tarragona Spain
This basic but beautiful stop is fundamental to understanding Tarragona. The main market, Mercat Central, is located just off Rambla Nova and is housed in a Modernist hallmark building of 1915. This is where the heartbeat of the city lies and where to find fresh and seasonal products of the nearby rural area.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona, Moll de la Costa, 43004 Port de, Tarragona, Spain
Pass in front of the National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona, a public museum with elements and remains of its rich past. It promotes the recovery, conservation, research and dissemination of heritage from the Roman city of Tarraco and its area of influence. Listen to your guide to find out interesting stories of the Roman civilization.
Pass By: Model of Tarraco, Antiga Audiencia, Placa del Pallol, 3, 43003 Tarragona Spain
Understand the urban development of Tarragona through the Tarraco Model in front of the museum: a magnificent scale model of Tarraco of the 2nd century BC, in its period of maximum splendor.
Stop At: SITGES, Unnamed Road, 08870, 08870 Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
Once in Sitges, enjoy a walking tour through the streets and most hidden corners of its historical center. Discover examples of architectural modernism like Casa Bacardi and get to know about the history of the Bacardi family. If you wish, take the time to sip a refreshing cocktail made by the hand of professional barmen and have a look at the secrets of the art of melting different flavors into colorful and tasty drinks.
On sunny days, you can either take the time to relax and take a dip into the clear waters of the San Sebastian beach, known as one of the best urban beaches in Europe.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: La Playa de Sitges, Sitges Spain
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Passeig Maritim, Sitges Spain
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Church of Sant Bartomeu & Santa Tecla, Placa del Baluard 1, Sitges Spain
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
- We will pick you up from any hotel or apartment in Barcelona. Please make sure to include the address of your accommodation when booking.
- Even if your Hotel is not listed, you can type it down in the field.
- Pick-up time will be between 8 and 9 am. We will send a message 24 hours prior departure through the booking system to inform you on the specific pick-up time at your hotel as well as the name of your guide and the telephone number.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Professional local guide
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off in Barcelona city (between 8 and 9 am)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Walking tour of Tarragona & Sitges Old Town
- Entrance to Tarragona Amphitheatre
- Entrance to Tarragona Circus (Roman events venue)
- Small Group tour of max 8 people
- Entry/Admission - Amfiteatre
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small-group tour for 8 people or fewer
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- In order to guarantee the safety of both the visitors and the team, In-Out has adapted all the hygiene and safety protocols in accordance with the requirements set by the competent and valid organizations and authorities at each stage.
Average 4.80 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our host Kurt-Jaume made the day.... I think if we had spent the day in a bar with him it would have been a great day. The conversation covered politics / what makes a good Iberian ham / why so many Spaniards smoke etc... and the we arrived in Tarragona. Different pace to the town than Barcelona and Kurt's explanations made sense of ruins pieced into the town. Cold drinks in a plaza and more conversation. The to Sitges... old town on the headland was an unexpected treat. Beachfront eateries OK without being anything special. Drive back to Barcelona by a different route gave us a different look at the city. Kurt is what us Australians call as dry as a chip.... certainly not the run of the mill tour guide but some-one who was a pleasure to spend the day with.
It was a minimum of 12 on this tour but it just the guide and the two of us so we went in his car! We went to Sitges first which is a beautiful seaside town and then to Tarragona which has some really excellent Roman ruins - the best we have seen except for in Rome and Pompeii.
The tour, lead by Mariusz Lewy was spectacular. It was more than we could have hoped for, a memorable day that won't be forgotten. Mariusz showed us the Roman ruins and the medieval city, describing all in great detail. Anyone who is interested in Tarragona's passed history should make this a must to visit.
Unfortunately it rained heavily most of the day, but our guide vicento did a wonderful job showing and explaining all about Tarragano and later Sitges. Heavy traffic in and out of Barcelona added to the time in the car - possibly a bit long.
The roman ruins were very interesting and Sitges a beautiful seaside stop. Our Guide Marius was very knowledgeable and added greatly to the tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Barcelona specialist!
Product code: COOL-9866P25
Similar Tours & Activities