Guided Foraging - Mushroom Hunting Experiences
Come along with Willow, an expert forager who knows and loves the plants and fungi of Maine. Guided Foraging Experiences will bring you and your group to the best possible locations for foraging. We will search, collect, identify, and even eat some of what we find! This is an outdoor adventure like no other.
heres some more information:
I'm your guide, Willow (she/her/hers). I'll take you out through the fields and forests to find edible and medicinal plants and mushrooms. Weather permitting, we are likely to find good edible species, we can collect them and you can even take some home with you to cook. Along the way we'll discuss proper methods for safely identifying and working with wild food/medicine. We'll also discuss the ecology of our local environment, the impacts of climate change and acknowledge the native cultures (ckuwaponahkiyik) whose people have stewarded this land for thousands of years. Foraging outings typically run around 3 hours, however longer trips are available on request, including overnight camping adventures (contact Willow directly for details).
you'll need: TICK/MOSQUITO/FLY REPELLENT, RAINGEAR, WATER, SNACKS, LONG SOCKS & CLOSED-TOE SHOES. you can also bring paper bags, a basket/backpack or whatever you want to put collections in. I also recommend bringing a (fully charged) phone, camera, or notebook & pen to take notes. If you are interested in pursuing foraging on your own after this experience, having notes or video recordings will be very helpful.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.6/8/2022 - 12/1/2022
Monday: 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM Tuesday: 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Friday: 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Plant and mushroom identification, discussion of ecology and local natural history, off-trail hikes.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Fully-vaccinated folks please bring masks for carpooling or when distancing is not possible. Masks required at all times for unvaccinated individuals including children.
- Children and pets welcome, however, please advise Willow ahead of time if you plan to bring a dog/s.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities