Are you interested in?
Upper Klamath 1-Day Rafting Trip
The Wild and Scenic Upper Klamath River is arguably the best class IV summer day trip in the country. Cutting a steep wilderness canyon through the Cascades of Southern Oregon the river features big summer flows and rapids that are over a football field long. There are three different sections beginning with a fun class-III warm-up – making the Upper Klamath a recommended trip for first-timers and experienced paddlers. The trips are enjoyed in small groups and lead by some of the most experienced guides in the country.
Our most popular day trip from Ashland - run over 30 major class III to IV+ rapids on big flows all summer long. The Upper K is arguable the best Class IV summer day trip in the country. The run has three different sections and begins with a fun class-III warm-up. This first stretch makes the Upper Klamath a recommended rafting trip for first-timers in good health, as they have plenty of time to learn the finer points of river running before dropping into rapids that are over a football field long.
Guests will be picked up at their hotel in Ashland between 8:00am and 9:00am and will return between 5:00pm and 5:30pm – back in time for a shower and dinner before the plays. Besides the amazing whitewater and beautiful canyon, the trip also includes a continental breakfast, a big lunch and snack.
The run has three different sections beginning with a fun class-III warm-up. This first stretch makes the Upper Klamath a recommended rafting trip for first-timers in good health, as there is plenty of time to learn the finer points of river running. After the warm-up, the canyon constricts and we enter the famous "Hell's Corner" section of river – beginning with a 150 yard rapid known as 'Caldera'. There are very few stretches of summer whitewater like it.
The Upper Klamath is an original 'backyard' river, and one we know like an old friend. Find out why guests that have joined us on trips all over the west and abroad still try to make time for a 'UK' trip (or two) every year.
Upper Klamath Day Trips Include:
• All river equipment.
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off from the Ashland area.
• A continental breakfast, gourmet lunch and snack, featuring local and organic produce & products.
• World-class guides with a minimum 5 years experience leading trips around the globe.
• One of the finest and most exciting class-IV whitewater day trips in the west!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 day (Approx.)
- Departure Time: null
- All river equipment
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from the Ashland Oregon area.
- A continental breakfast, gourmet lunch and snack, featuring local and organic produce & products.
- World-class guides with a minimum of 5 years experience leading trips around the globe
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Age: Minimum 10 years old with parent consent
- Recommended: Relatively good physical condition
- Dress code: Shoes that stay on feet (sneakers, water shoes, sandals with ankle strap- no flip flops), swimsuit, quick-drying shorts, quick drying shirt, sunscreen, water bottle, sunglasses with strap, prudent personal medication. Optional- camera, dry clothes for ride home
- Operates in all weather conditions, dress accordingly
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Ashland specialist!
Product code: C-25316P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Rogue Valley Rapid Run
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Scavenger Hunt & Trivia Game: Phone-Guided Walking Tour through Downtown Ashland