Private Paddleboard Raft on the French Broad River from Asheville
Looking for something new and different to do with the family this summer? Grab a paddle and hop aboard an inflatable, 17-foot (5.1 meters) paddleboard for your 4-mile tour on the French Broad River. Your private group will work together to navigate the craft down the river with a guide on the back of your board who will help with directions and steering. You will also hear stories of Asheville's history and get the chance to spot local wildlife on the banks of the French Broad River. This tour accommodates up to 6 passengers.
Your paddleboard tour begins and ends at a central location in Asheville.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Choose from 3 depart times to meet your guide in Asheville's River Arts District for a 10-minute shuttle up the river. You will enjoy a narrated tour of West Asheville on the drive to Hominy Creek, where you will be fitted with a life jacket, grab your paddle, and choose who is going to stand where on the board before setting out for your adventure.
Over the course of your 4-mile tour you will paddle beneath bridges, squeeze between rocks, and learn how to keep the board pointed straight while your guide helps steer from the back. You will definitely be the talk of the river as you pass by kayakers and tubers. Be sure to keep an eye out for native wildlife such as turtles, herons, beavers, otters, ducks, deer and black bears.
Your paddleboard raft is wide and stable, easy for first time paddlers, and can accommodate anywhere from 3-6 paddlers depending on the size of your group.
Your paddleboard tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Instant Confirmation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities