John Rock Trail Running Tour with Photo Stops
Every guide on our team has developed an intimate knowledge of our national forest and can offer you an in-depth history to all the areas we run in. Originally owned by George Vanderbilt, Pisgah National Forest is the oldest of its kind in the eastern United States and holds deep historical relevance among several generations.
Though different than a hiking tour, our running tours accommodate any pace - even if you may consider yours more of a hike. It's also expected that we will stop several times for photos along the way.
John Rock is a staple run in Pisgah National Forest with a little bit of everything: great views, waterfalls, history, and lots of runnable trail. It's moderately challenging, though if you are new to running in the mountains, you may find it a bit harder. All ages, paces, and abilities are welcome, even if you think it will be more of a hike than run.
Trips meet at Ecusta Brewing in Pisgah Forest, then we will typically carpool the last 20 minutes to the trailhead in the forest. Including stops, expect about 2 hours on the trail. Snacks and beverages are included with all tours.
Afterward, we'll return to Ecusta Brewing for beer and food truck offerings.
• Pisgah National Forest, Pisgah Forest, NC
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.10/24/2019 - 10/9/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities