7 Mile Guided Paddleboard Tour On The French Broad River in Asheville
Enjoy this private, guided paddleboard tour along a scenic section of Asheville's French Broad that borders the Biltmore Estate! Your guide will regale you with local history help spot wildlife like otters, herons, turtles, osprey, and deer. After meeting your guide at Hominy Creek River Park you'll enjoy a shuttle in an air conditioned van to the starting point at Bent Creek, where you'll receive a lesson and expert instruction from your certified paddleboard instructor. Once you feel confident and comfortable on the board you'll follow your guide on a 2.5 hour private paddle down the river. This section of river is beautifully forested and offers views of the Biltmore Estate, which is a Châteauesque-style mansion built by George Washington Vanderbilt II. You'll also learn expert paddleboarding tips and finish back at Hominy Creek River Park within minutes of restaurants and breweries.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
Meet your guide at Asheville Outdoor Center in West Asheville (521 Amboy Road), where you'll park and then ride in an air-conditioned shuttle to the starting point at Bent Creek. Then you will look for the minivan with paddleboards on top that's parked in the far corner of the grass parking lot. Here you'll be fitted with a life jacket and paddle, and receive a lesson on the basics of SUP before setting off along the water.
Also on our journey keep an eye out for native wildlife such as turtles, herons, otters, beavers, deer, ducks, and black bears, and hear stories of Asheville's past from your friendly local guide. If you're up for it, your guide can also teach you some tricks and proper racing technique. Your 2.5-hour paddle finishes back at Asheville Outdoor Center, just a 3-minute drive from restaurants and breweries on Haywood Road in West Asheville.
*The Biltmore Estate is private property and no paddling to shore is allowed.
*$5 from every paddler is directly donated to RiverLink—a nonprofit organization working to restore the local watershed.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is maximum weight limit of 260 lbs.
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for ages 10 years and up
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our trip down the French Broad was so much fun! It was a leisurely trip down the river. The views were magnificent. Steve was helpful and patient as this was my first time on a paddle board.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities