We cater this adventure to the Alaskan environment. Learn about the history of Anchorage. A Real Alaskan Tour Guide sharing facts and personal experiences. From downtown Anchorage, travel along the Turnagain arm to Portage Valley. Two options are available for this tour and do not have to be decided until the day of. In Winter we on use option one as option two is not open. (Opt. 1) Take a trip through a 5K one way tunnel to a former secret military base - now the City of Whittier. Have lunch on us -- fresh halibut or clam chowder. (Opt. 2 summer only) Hop aboard the m/v Ptarmigan for a one hour cruise to Portage Glacier. Next the Wildlife conservation Center. Bear, Moose, Elk, Musk-Ox, Wolves, Fox and much more. Tour into the Chugach Mountains with a spectacular view of Turnagain Arm. This tour includes a full city tour and pick-up/drop-off at location of your choice. This tour offered Private and as a group for the same price.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Mile 79 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
The AWCC if in a natural setting and the animals have room to roam and graze. We will be fenced in the animals are able to wonder the site. The Wildlife Conservation Center is the most visited attraction in Alaska.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Whittier Harbor, Whittier, AK
The norther most point of the Pacific Ocean. This former secret Military base is the now a City with 204 residents year-round and approximately 2000 in the summer.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Beluga Point, Mile 110, Seward Hwy Mile 110 Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99516
In winter the point is surrounded by ice and a beautiful backdrop for photos of the Turnagain Arm and Cook Inlet.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Seward Highway, AK
Listed as on of the top 10 most scenic byways in North America.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 6 to 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 08:00 AM
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Entry/Admission - Whittier Harbor
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The City of Anchorage has lifted all restrictions if you would like a complementary Covid vaccine shot you’re eligible to receive one once you reach the airport.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 5 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities