90-Minute Jean Lafitte Swamp and Bayou Tour
Journey down the bayou on a 90 minute Cajun adventure through the heart of Southern Louisiana's wetlands on a relaxing and shaded pontoon boat ride in the protected Jean Lafitte National Park and Preserve. As you and your family glide along swamp waters, observe native plant and exotic life in a delicate yet powerful landscape that has both changed and defined Louisiana culture. View moss-covered cypress trees, evading yet beautiful water hyacinths, gators, egrets, and many more interesting creatures that call the swamp their home. Tour guides born and raised in the bayou will reveal the mysteries of the bayou as well as exclusive facts about its ecosystem. Join us and "laissez les bons temps rouler!"
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
Once you receive your ticket online please bring your e-voucher down to the gift shop. When the voucher is successful redeemed from the reservationists, you will be directed to your pontoon boat and greeted by your Captain. Make sure to bring your camera along to capture Louisiana's swampland in all its glory Native guides will lead you through the meandering bayou in a shady, spacious pontoons boat under a relaxing breeze. Learn about the swamps ecosystem and all of its mysterious lore while viewing the gators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and snakes that call the swamp their home.
Tour times include: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. (seasonal) daily. Tours last for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cruises are free for children three and younger.
If you are coming from New Orleans and need a hotel pick up Jean Lafitte Swamp Tour offers pick ups/drop offs at select hotel locations. Please call (504) 689-4186 for exact pick up time/location options and to reserve your transport. All pickups are 1 hour prior to tour. There's a lunch option available for the 10 a.m. where you will dine at Restaurant Des Familes after your swamp adventure.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 6601 Leo Kerner Pkwy, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Narrated tour on restroom equipped boat.
- Lunch (with purchase of 10 a.m. tour only)
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Transportation (Available to Purchase for an Additional Fee)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
It was okay. The trip over was just as interesting. Our guide was very good at driving the pontoon. the gators were gators and the bald eagle I have in my back yard. but for those from the city it was very interesting. But I did enjoy the solitude of the ride after bourbon Street.
We had a great time on our swamp tour. Captain Jamie was very entertaining and pointed may things out along the way. We were even able to see the big Alligator. A very fun day!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-88100P4