90-minute Dolphin and Nature Tour
This is our most popular boat trip! Hilton Head and surrounding areas boast a large and active population of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin, with great viewing opportunities year-round! Join Outside Hilton Head for a 90 minute cruise in one of our stable and comfortable power boats. Tours depart morning, afternoon and sunset daily. The nice thing about the boats we use is that they are stable, comfortable and small enough to have close-up encounters with the great variety of wildlife. If time allows the captain may also throw a cast net along the banks of the marsh and display the shrimp and small fish that might be caught.
Join us for a one and a half hour power boat tour through the Low Country water watching for birds and dolphin in the salt marsh ecosystem. Cruise from Shelter Cove Marina down Broad Creek and into Calibogue Sound where you’ll see the beautiful Harbor Town Lighthouse. The nice thing about the boats we use is that they are stable, comfortable and small enough to have close-up encounters with the great variety of wildlife. If time allows the captain may also throw a cast net along the banks of the marsh and display the shrimp and small fish that might be caught.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Located in Shelter Cove Marina next to Ela's Grille and the Ship Store
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: *Dolphin Tours Depart daily! Sunrise (ask about custom trips) through Sunset (time varies seasonally).*
- October 1-December 31: 10:00am, 1:00pm, 3:30pm daily
- January 1 - February 28: 8:00am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm daily
- March 1 - April 30: 8:00am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm daily
- Professional guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
This was a very enjoyable trip! Although there are no guarantees that you'll see dolphins, we saw them as soon as we left the marina, and saw quite a few during the trip. Captain Pete was knowledgable and funny, and I liked the fact that it was a small boat and a small group on the tour. One tip -- you do have to check in at the Outside Hilton Head stand across from Ely's, and sign the waiver if you haven't done it in advance.
Captain Wells Fulton is a native of HHI. His experience and knowledge of the island was informative. He was up front that we are guests of the water, not the other way around, so they can't guarantee a dolphin sighting. On our way out we saw many bird species, learned about oysters (not going to "spoil" it for you lol) and watched two eagles battle overhead. I'm from Ohio and we have a good population of eagles but that's the first time I saw eagles antangonize each other midair. We were fortunate on the way back to spot a dolphin a few times, then a baby appeared alongside and we got to watch them swim around us (very close to the boat) for about 20 minutes. I traveled in mid-March 2019. Even if I didn't see dolphins it was a great trip.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-75070P2