8-Mile Classic Whitewater Adventure
Our 8-mile Snake River Rafting Trip adventure is the perfect summer activity in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The whitewater rafting section of the Snake River is a Class III river, perfect for people of all ages and experience. River classifications are graded on a scale of I to VI. Class I is flat water. Class V is the most difficult. Go rafting on the famous Lunch Counter and Big Kahuna rapids!
After getting picked up at your hotel in Jackson Hole, ride out to the Snake River to begin this exciting 3-hour tour. Learn about the history of the area as well as about the wildlife. Indulge in a continental breakfast (9:00am summer trip) and get a brief instructional about rafting technique and safety.
This is a class lll river (from l-Vl), with 8-10 sets of some real fun rapids. After every section of whitewater you go through there is a calm section following where you can marvel at the amazing scenery in the Snake River Canyon. This is a very wide, deep river that's great for jumping in for a quick swim. Some sections are up to 80 feet deep. This is a good thing as the shallower rivers can be very technical and rated in the upper V’s.
The tour concludes when you're dropped off at your hotel in Jackson Hole.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Barker- Ewing Whitewater
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: 945 W. Broadway
- Local taxes
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 6 years old
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that during spring and fall our times change.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-109885P1
Similar Tours & Activities