45-Minute Semi-Submarine Tour of Catalina Island From Avalon
Come aboard Catalina Island's newest semi-submarine, the SS Nautilus, and enjoy a deep sea adventure 1,000 leagues beyond your imagination. The main attraction of this unique vessel allows six feet underwater viewing while staying dry so eager seafarers can get up close and face-to-face with schools of fish anticipating treats fired away from custom designed fish food torpedo buttons. Designed after America's first nuclear powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, the 45-minute journey is the destination itself as our captain and his crew ventures out on an exploratory mission to the undersea gardens of Avalon Bay.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
- Led by a local guide
Explore the Catalina Island's amazing undersea gardens by venturing on an exploratory mission aboard the semi-submersible SS Nautilus. Designed after the USS Nautilus, America's first nuclear powered submarine, this 45-minute 6-feet underwater journey departs from the Green Pier and will cruise to a marine preserved sanctuary known as the Lovers' Cove. Equipped with torpedo buttons, adventurers can create a feeding frenzy right from their viewing porthole for an additional charge. On the way back to the marina, enjoy breathtaking harbor views on the top deck of the submarine. Weather permitting, undersea garden tours depart hourly year round from mid-morning until an hour before sunset.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Green Pier, Avalon Harbor
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to Green Pier.
- Fish food offered at additional charge
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A 25% change fee will be charged and paid directly to the supplier for any itinerary change once the tour is confirmed,
- Not wheelchair accessible. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Your tickets will be held at the will-call window for collection on the day of the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (2 years old and under) must be ticketed on a USCG vessel; fare is free-of-charge but fees apply
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Average 4.33 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
This tour was amazing!
7 and 10 y/o grandkids had a blast. Be prepared to buy food to feed the fish.
Sound system was a bit fuzzy so I couldn’t understand what the docent was saying. Still don’t know bwhat kind of fish I saw, but it was interesting.
A fun 45 minutes. Visibility not as good as anticipated possibly due to time of year?. Fish food guns brought dozens of fish.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-32779P2