45-Minute Scenic Flight to Aialik Glacier
Our 45 minute scenic flight visits both Bear Glacier and Aialik Glacier. Bear Glacier is the largest glacier descending from the Harding Icefield in Kenai Fjords National Park at over 11 miles long and 3 miles wide. Bear Glacier lagoon features impressive icebergs. Continue on to Aialik Glacier which boasts an impressive ice wall that is over 500 feet high! Watch for calving on this immense glacier and truly appreciate the grandeur of Alaska's environments by getting up close to them!
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
The flight to Bear Glacier, the largest glacier from the Harding Ice Field, is a one-of-a-kind Alaskan experience that should not be missed. Nestled among soaring, snow-covered peaks, the glacier rests above a remote lagoon studded with massive icebergs the size of houses. Cascading waterfalls, old-growth forest, and turquoise blue water surround a dramatic, frozen landscape carved and cut by millennia of ice advancing and retreating.
Your trip to the glacier starts with a short check in at the airfield in Seward. After meeting your pilot, you will go through a short safety orientation before heading to the helicopter. Then, it's time to take off!
Fly above the rugged coast of Resurrection Bay on the way to the largest glacier developed from the Harding Icefield, Bear Glacier. Bear Glacier rests above a secluded lagoon that holds hundreds of amazing icebergs. The brilliant blues of the water and the icebergs are absolutely stunning. These icebergs are much larger than icebergs that develop from Tidewater Glaciers and they remained trapped in Bear Glacier lagoon due to the large glacial moraine that separates the lagoon from the ocean. Soar past these incredible 200 ft icebergs on your scenic flight and watch for these icebergs, which are very active, as they roll or move across the lagoon. Look closely at the icebergs and you may find dozens of seals sunning themselves in these protected waters, which are safe from orca and other oceanic predators.
Then, cross over the mountains and descend upon Aialik Glacier. Aialik glacier is an impressive tidewater glacier with a massive ice face that descends directly into Aialik bay. Circle around Aialik glacier and watch for calving pieces of ice before exploring the huge crevasses and ice face. This intimate approach to seeing such a large glacier will leave you spell bound.
On the flight back, cruise over the Harding Icefield and see Exit Glacier from the air. This tour will give you a true appreciation of the size and scope of Alaska’s glaciers. This one-of-a-kind flight is a is an incredible upgrade from our glacier landing tour and has been described by our staff as a “must do.”
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 2210 Airport Rd, Seward, AK 99664, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 45-minute helicopter flight to Bear and Aialik Glaciers
- FAA certified pilot
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to comfort and weight/balance of the aircraft, weight restrictions apply
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
The helicopter was excellent, great visibility for taking photos. The pilot was friendly and excellent at taking us to magnificent vistas. The whole experience was one of the great highlights of our Alaska trip!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-34950P8