45-Minute Catalina Island Glass-Bottom Boat Tour from Avalon
If you feed them, they will come describes this timeless attraction aboard Catalina Island's state-of-the-art Glass Bottom Boat. Enjoy a scenic 45-minute harbor cruise as you comfortably sail out to the crystal clear waters of Lover's Cove, a California protected marine preserve. The Sea View provides the perfect "window" to discovery, bringing the undersea world right up to your feet. Both young and old adventurers get to explore a variety of marine life without even getting wet! The specially designed food drop tubes provide an on board interactive experience by allowing seafaring enthusiasts to create feeding frenzies over and over again with the island’s local sea inhabitants.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
- See the underwater world without getting wet
Set sail on a 45-minute cruise to the pristine waters of Lovers’ Cove. With hourly departures from Avalon Bay's Green Pier, explore the undersea gardens that lie just offshore beneath the surface of this ocean oasis. Peer down through the glass bottom of the Sea View as it glides over breathtaking kelp forests that sway in a graceful underwater ballet.
As you journey through liquid space, your guide will point out unique and colorful marine life as you marvel at the exquisite loveliness of the Garibaldi, Kelp bass, Leopard sharks, opal eye fish, bat rays, moray eels, sardines, and, yes, even the occasional friendly sea turtle, that make their home in the cool currents.
You can even feed the fish through specially designed food tubes. Cost of the fish food is extra, but the spectacular number of fish it attracts is an exhilarating sight to see! As you cruise back across the glistening waters to your harbor, enjoy breathtaking views of this island paradise and contemplate the natural wonders that Catalina Island has offered you this day.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Green Pier, Avalon Harbor
*Walking distance from the cruise port
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Green Pier
- 45-minute boat tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Fish food
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant requires a ticket; fees will apply
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 6 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
On time very informative from the host very chatty easy to find from the rhe ship glade we booked the trip just the right amount of time.
So fun! Tons of fish swarm the windows. Just long enough to not get bored. Did not feel claustrophobic either!
We didn't spot anything unusual or super-exciting just lots of fish and a sea lion. Safe and fun. Nice to see what goes on under the water instead of having to wait for the marine life to pop up out of the water.
Very short trip to two spots to feed fish. 5 per packet of food. Not helpful in terms of learning about the fish in the area. More then half of the viewing widow was blurred by an air bubble so very hard to identify fish of any sort. Driver seemed to be just putting in the time. A waste of our time. Sorry, but you asked.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-32779P3