4 Day Sierra Nevada Tour of Yosemite and Tahoe from San Francisco
The ultimate Sierra Mountain adventure! Spend 4 FULL DAYS hiking & exploring some of the lesser-traveled areas of Yosemite, Mammoth Lakes, and Lake Tahoe, with hotel or camping accommodations included! Visit Bodie Ghost Town, the Ansel Adams Wilderness, Yosemite’s Giant Sequoias, and more on this epic tour from San Francisco.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Multi-Day Trip
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Anyone short on time will pack in plenty of natural splendor with this 4-day tour of Yosemite, Tahoe, and the eastern Sierra. Travel round-trip from San Francisco and stay overnight at mountain resorts and hotels in each destination.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Hilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
- Duration: 4 days (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Central San Francisco Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Narrated guided tour
- Hotel or campsite accommodations (double occupancy, single occupancy supplement applies for single bookings.
- Camping gear provided; sleeping bags available for $20 rental fee.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (except Hilton Hotel)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Accommodations are double occupancy same-sex or couple share.
- Private rooms for single occupants are available if option chosen.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 8 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
The attraction of the tour were OK. WIFI connection was not in the bus, the return time after seeing the sequoias was not enough, you get back drowned by the eight, I would have liked to do it at my own pace. The guide needs more training and more communication, she must explain how high one goes. On the outward journey From San Francisco to Yosemite Park it took 6 hours there were many stops and we only stayed 3 hours in the park. They should live earlier. Executing the first hotel, the other two were very good.
From beginning to end this was such a memorable experience. Our guide was quite young but had no problem being with a bunch of oldies who all thought he was amazing. He was very knowledgeable about everything from where to get the best take out lunch to the history of all the amazing places he shared with us. I believe he went above and beyond what was required of him. He took us hiking thru beautiful nation parks to see the sequoia trees, chip munks and squirrels. On our tour through Lake Tahoe one of our group just had to go for a swim, so of course our young energetic guide went in for a dip too. After this we continued driving through beautiful countryside and magnificent blue and turquoise lakes. It is difficult to pick a highlight as the whole 4 days was the highlight of my 4 week trip to the US. I would definitely recommend this tour to all
Great trip, even though our itinerary needed to be altered because of snow on Tioga Pass. May was a beautiful time to visit.
Good. Just wished we were offered the chance to either do the cruise or gondola ride in Lake Tahoe, as we clearly had enough time to do it. Other than that, our guide tried very hard as this was the first tour with this itinerary from this company.
This was an amazing four day tour of Yosemite and Sierra Nevada. You really need more than one day in these amazing places and this tour gives you that opportunity. The accommodations for the nights were really top-notch and all different, from the Bug hostel at the edge of Yosemite to the hotel made of repurposed material in Tahoe. Without a doubt these were some of the best places Ive ever stayed at.
When I did the tour we were a small group of four people, myself and our guide Vern included. Vern was an amazing guide, with great enthusiasm and love for what he did. He customized the tour to our interests, with a lot of options for each location we visited. You want to bike through Yosemite valley, you can do that. You want to walk instead, you can do that too with a custom route so you make the most of your time there. We did a lot every day, but never once did it feel rushed like most day trips tend to be.
Every day was amazing, but for me, the highlight was the second day of the tour and the hikes in Yosemite up to Sentinel Dome and Glacier Point in the morning, swimming in Tenaya lake in the afternoon, followed by a hike up to the top of Lembert Dome. The view from up there cant be beat, and the climb up the last granite slopes is a thrilling experience.
If youre thinking of doing a tour to Yosemite look no further than this one.
TIP: Be as fast as you can and dont waste time when getting supplies at a supermarket, for example for lunch or breakfast. That way youll have more time where it matters, like in the parks.
This tour far out weighed my expectations. Our guide Leo made the trip so enjoyable. His knowledge amazed our whole group. He tailored all activities to our individual group. By the time we were finished our group felt like family!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3454P14
Similar Tours & Activities