3Hrs-30 Min Harlem Historical Tour
This tour will be provided by a local that has lived in Harlem for 70 years, have seen and known the transformation that Harlem has gone through since 1950, this Guide shook the hand of Fidel Castro in 1967, when he decided to stay amongst his people in Harlem, Theresa Hotel on West 125th St and 7th Ave. Also, this three-hour walking tour, learn about the diverse ethnic and cultural history of Harlem. Starting with the Dutch in 1658, and followed by the Irish, Italian, Spanish, Eastern European Jews, and African Americans, many ethnic cultures have flocked to Harlem over the centuries. African American culture still dominates the highly gentrified and sophisticated neighborhood, and many legendary celebrities have made a deep impression here. See the famed Apollo Theater, the Studio Museum; hear stories of the Harlem Renaissance; learn about giant creative figures like Duke Ellington, Paul Robeson, Langston Hughes, Ella Fitzgerald, Malcolm X, Frederic Douglass and more.
Visit: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
This tour will be provided by a Local Resident (Bleeker Williams) Starts @ 145th St and St Nicholas Ave on the border of SugarHill & Hamilton Heights property once owned by the First Treasurer of The United States of America. the Guide has lived in Harlem for 70 years, have seen and known the transformation that Harlem has gone through since 1950, this Guide even shook the hand of Fidel Castro in 1967 when he visited NYC for the United Nation Conference and refuse to say downtown, but decided to stay amongst his people in Harlem at the Theresa Hotel at West 125th St and 7th Ave
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Harlem
- Subway Metro-Card
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-201732P1
Similar Tours & Activities