35 Minute Eastbound Helicopter Tour
Let's go look for bears, moose, goats and eagles! This 35 minute eastbound tour takes you towards Sargent Icefield, the 2nd largest in the United States. Waterfalls, rushing rivers, and rolling meadows stretch far on this flight, making it a great opportunity to see Alaskan wildlife.
Buzz around the mountains and hanging glaciers before continuing on to Ellsworth Glacier and its massive icebergs spanning hundreds of feet across! From there, cruise into Day Harbor- where you might even get lucky enough to see a pod of Orca Whales feeding-before flying over Godwin Glacier and back to Seward.
Window seats guaranteed and headsets are included, so your pilot can provide commentary, answer questions and tell you more about this incredible location.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
As soon as you depart from Marathon Helicopters, you're immediately immersed in the Alaskan experience! You'll start your tour by popping up, over the treeline to see if you can spot the white caps of our bald eagles as they survey the salmon-filled streams below. Then, head eastbound past Bear Lake and into the Chugach Mountains on your way towards the United State's 2nd largest icefield, the Sargent. Fly up close to many of this icefield's hanging glaciers along the way and enjoy the views of the gorges and rapids of remote white-water rivers and bursting waterfalls that these glaciers feed.
Have your camera ready as you explore the serene meadows that surround Nelly Juan Lake as its home to a variety of wildlife including moose and some of the largest brown bears we've seen in this area. After a trip around the lake and meadows, your pilot will take you towards Day Harbor, passing over Ellsworth Glacier and its massive sheet-like icebergs, some hundreds of feet across.
Continue cruising over snow-covered peaks into Day Harbor for truly spectacular views of Resurrection Bay and keep an eye out for marine life down below as pods of Orca Whales have been seen feeding throughout the bay. From there, you will fly up, over and down Godwin Glacier before crossing over the braided 4th of July Creek as you return to the Seward Airport.
Tours depart from Marathon Helicopters at the Seward, Alaska airport.
Complimentary shuttle service is provided within the Seward area only.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Seward Airport
- Duration: 35 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Fuel surcharge
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary onboard
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 people per booking required
- Maximum of 3 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs will not be able to book a flight with us. Groups with weights over 650lbs combined should contact us directly before booking a flight.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-32876P3