30 Minute Glacier Expedition Flight Tour
This 30 minute scenic trip features some of the most stunning land, sea and ice features of Kenai Fjords National Park.
View Resurrection Bay's deep blue waters and dynamic coastline, look for the area's abundant sea and wildlife, get an eagle eye's view of salmon-filled streams and dramatic waterfalls and explore one of the many valleys carved through the coastal mountains on your way to Bear Glacier Lagoon, home to hundreds of awe-inspiring icebergs and the longest glacier off of the Harding Icefield. Marvel at the crevasses as you fly over the glacier then enter Paradise Valley before catching a glimpse of Exit Glacier and follow the glacier-fed Resurrection River all the way back to the airport.
Window seats guaranteed and headsets are included, so your pilot can provide commentary, answer questions and tell you more about this incredible location.
This is our most popular scenic tour, consisting of a full 30 minutes of flight time and highlighting the natural beauty of Kenai Fjords National Park's land and sea features.
You'll begin your tour by flying over Resurrection Bay's brilliantly blue waters, home to a variety of Alaskan marine animals including seals, sea lions and even humpback whales! You'll follow the bay's dramatic, rocky coastline before turning up one of the many valleys in the area to search for wildlife and view impressive waterfalls, salmon filled streams and hanging glaciers.
Emerging from the coastal mountains, your pilot will take you over an epic reveal of Bear Glacier Lagoon, filled with hundreds of icebergs-some as big as grocery stores! Here you'll zip around the icebergs and fly up Bear Glacier, the longest glacier off of the Harding Icefield at over 10 miles long and 2,000 feet think, before cruising through the aptly named Paradise Valley to look for goats and bear as you pass by even more hanging glaciers and melted, glacier pools. From there, you'll get a bird's eye view of Exit Glacier and then turn to follow the Resurrection River back to the airport.
Tours depart from Marathon Helicopters at the Seward, Alaska airport.
Complimentary shuttle service is provided within the Seward area only.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Seward Airport
- Duration: 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Fuel surcharge
- Headsets to Hear the Guide Clearly
- Live Commentary on Board
- Hotel/Port Pickup and Drop-Off (Seward Area Only)
- Complimentary Tea and Hot Cocoa
- Souvenir Photos (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 people per booking required
- Maximum of 3 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs will not be able to book a flight with us. Groups with weights over 650lbs combined should contact us directly before booking a flight.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-32876P2