3-Hour San Francisco Segway Tour: Fisherman’s Wharf to the Marina
Whether you're new to the city or a return visitor, this 3-hour Segway tour is a great way to explore San Francisco. After an orientation to the operation of your self-balancing device, follow your guide through famous areas such as Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, and the Marina. You'll learn interesting facts and hear stories while covering plenty of ground in the ‘City by the Bay.'
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Venture onto the streets of San Francisco for a small-group tour of city highlights. At your scheduled departure time, meet your guide near Pier 45 at Fisherman’s Wharf. After a 30-minute orientation session, set off on your personal transporter. Each route offers plenty of photo stops along with informative commentary on the city’s fascinating history before returning to the pier.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
View the Golden Gate bridge.
Pass By: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Take in views of Alcatraz
Pass By: Ghirardelli Square, 900 N Point St At Polk Street, San Francisco, CA 94109-1192
Glide past Ghirardelli Square, world-famous for its chocolate!
Pass By: San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Ships at Hyde Street Pier, 499 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94109-1314
See the historic marine vessels at Aquatic Park’s Hyde Street Pier.
Stop At: Marina District, Marina District, San Francisco, California
In addition, see Spreckels Mansion and the Palace of Fine Arts while you glide through the Marina District.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
Designed to look like a Roman ruin, this golden building is certainly a beauty to behold.
Pass By: Spreckels Mansion, 2080 Washington St, San Francisco, CA 94109-2844
See this famous mansion in Pacific Heights
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 333 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Orientation session
- All necessary equipment
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guests must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour departure time in order to complete necessary paperwork.
- All tour participants must be at least 12 years of age to participate
- Every guest will be required to complete and sign a liability waiver form
- Liability waiver forms for participating minors between the ages of 12 and 18 require a parent or guardian’s signature
- All minors between the ages of 12 and 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while on tour
- Due to the mechanical limitations of the Segway, every guests must weigh no less than 100 pounds (45 kilograms) and no more than 260 pounds (118 kilograms)
- Due to the risk to both mother and child, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours
- One damage authorization form is required per party on the day of the reservation. The tour operator will maintain one credit card on file per party on the day of the reservation. Please bring a MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express with you for this requirement. The card will not be charged unless the Segway is damaged on tour. The credit card information will be deleted immediately upon completion of a damage-free tour
- All tours run rain or shine
- Any groups larger than 8 will be split for safety restriction
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes. Large backpacks and purses are not recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
Family tour, we zipped thru the wharf, marina and even did the difficult Lombard crooked street. Loun is the best guide. He took videos for us and explained history of the neighborhood. Must do if you are in SFO. Take the Lombard St tour with City Segway Tours
Fima was an amazing guide! He provided so many interesting details about the Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge and the city in general. He made sure we were safe going up and down hills and through traffic. It was truly a highlight to cruise down Lombard Street. Fima was sure to take pictures of the entire group at key places throughout the city. This was a wonderful way to spend 3 hours in San Francisco. I highly recommend the tour for all, even newbies to the Segway experience.
Overall a great experience. I would have liked the tour better with less stops. I did think in general this was an excellent tour with knowledgeable staff.
This is a fun tour. It's mostly for the excitement of the Segway and the scenery. There is not much in the way of descriptive details about the city, but we really just wanted to see the sights via a fun new method. Good day!
Josh was an awesome guide. Can't recommend highly enough.
Tour operator was very professional, extremely courteous, helpful and knowledgable. It was an amazing experience going around Fisherman Wharf area on Segway.
Knowing that I would be in San Francisco for my birthday, I booked ahead. At the orientation and brief training session, I was pleased to see that I was neither the most panicked nor the most comfortable. I was also pleased to see that the one who appeared to have the most trouble adapting was just as proficient as the rest of the party within minutes. If we can do it, you can too!
Major kudos to Josh for putting all of us at ease and patiently running us through the basics - forward, reverse, turn, stop. After that, it was get out there on the footpaths and streets, and hills, both up and down, for a highly informative tour out to the marina district for fabulous views of the city skyline, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, finishing at the Palace of Fine Arts, with some more hills on the return.
Well done Josh on your first day back from an overseas holiday!
This has been the highlight of the trip so far. Being in our late 50's and not having done anything like this before, my wife and I were a little apprehensive. Within 5 minutes we were comfortable controlling the Segway and at the end of the 3 hours felt like experts. The tour guide Chris was excellent. He was charming and informative and was particularly considerate of participants and their safety. The tour took us to many of the sites we had not been to before on previous trips. When we went on a bus trip the next day so we could walk over the Golden Gate Bridge, we were amazed at the distance we had travelled on the Segway the previous day. I think the question that Chris gets the most is, how much would one of these things cost to buy. We definitely asked.
A must for any traveler to San Francisco! This tour showed us sights we would never have seen if we had not done the tour. We had a Great Guide Josh who made the whole experience well worth it.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-6008P2
Similar Tours & Activities