3 Hour Rainforest Walk and Totem Park
Enjoy a rainforest walk and visit a Totem Park on our 3 hour excursion in scenic Ketchikan, Alaska.
Explore the lush green rainforest of Alaska among huge old growth trees and moss blanketing the forest floor. The remote nature trail follows a cascading creek and we stop at a beautiful waterfall viewing area. The trail does have some stairs and uphill / downhill portions. Experience natures beauty up close and step into this treasured land on our approximately 1.5 mile hike. Escape the crowds and take in the fresh air and peacefulness of the forest.
We also journey to the Totem Park where your local guide will share stories behind the majestic totem poles and the Alaska Native culture with you. Our excursions are small groups of 11 guests or less and we include pick up at the cruise ship dock.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Potlatch Totem Park, 9809 Totem Bight Rd, Ketchikan, AK 99901-9200
Journey to Totem Park where your local guide will share stories behind the magnificently carved totem poles. Step into a Clan House as guide explains about the local native culture. This small group experience is a wonderful way to learn about the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Settlers Cove State Recreational Site, 18 North Tongass Road, Ketchikan, AK 99501-3557
Rainforest walk among old growth trees and moss blanketed forest. Walk along cascading creek and stop at a beautiful waterfall viewing area on this nature trail. Local guide will point out the flora and how these resources were vital to the Alaska Natives. There are some stairs and uphill downhill portions of the trail. We do offer a 2 hour tour without any stairs as well.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at each cruise ship. Please look for guide holding a sign with Wild Wolf Tours on it, right where you exit the ship. If you don't immediately see guide please wait near gangway of your ship and guide will meet you there. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour time. If you have any questions please call 907-617-2621.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Varies according to cruise ship schedule. Please provide cruise line and name of ship. Meeting time is 10 minutes before tour time.
- Pick Up and Drop off at Cruise Ship Dock
- Small Group Tour
- Professional Local Guide
- Bottled water
- Snack of Smoked Salmon Dip with Crackers
- Scavenger Hunt and Geocaching for Kids
- Entry/Admission - Potlatch Totem Park
- Entry/Admission - Settlers Cove State Recreational Site
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are several sets of stairs and uphill / downhill portions of the trail. Guests must be able to walk about 1.5 miles on gravel trail.
- We do offer a 2 hour tour on easier trail without any stairs or steep inclines, please see 2 Hour Rainforest Walk and Totem Park Listing
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We do have rain ponchos or umbrellas.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, and disembarkation time
- A child cars seat and booster seat are available upon request, we must be notified ahead of time.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We reserve the right to change trails and or totem park depending on conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
our guide Natalie was extremely knowledgeable, and the easy walk through the rainforest was great. Unfortunately the bears weren't there, but the salmon spawning was exciting. The totems and cabins were beautifully carved, much better than I anticipated, all in all a very satisfactory tour.
I was initially hesitant about this tour, but glad my friends convinced me to go. Our tour guide was a teacher, that made this very fun. You could tell she enjoyed her job and was very passionate about sharing the history of the Totem Park and facts about the area. The walk had some strenuous areas, but the sights made it worth it.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-44761P3
Similar Tours & Activities