3 – Hour Monument Valley Backcountry Tour
Our Most Popular Tour, Nizhoni (Majestic) 3 Hour Monument Valley Backcountry Tour!
Culturally Enriching and an Outdoors Adventurous Experience of Majestic Nature and Landscape inside the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, enjoy a Tour Experience with us!
It is our pleasure to accommodate
Economically-Friendly Rates and a
Quality Tour Experience for our patrons.
Our informative and kind Navajo Guides enjoy sharing of our Culture and of the Beauty of the Land that is here.
Approximately 28 miles of tour, with more emphasis in the backcountry restricted area requiring guide services, enjoy the beautiful sandstone arches and other beautiful formations that are here. This tour is 3 hours and has (7) to (8) stops.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Majestic Monument Valley Touring Co., Monument Valley, UT 84536
Our Non-Private Tours ( joining with others ): It is our pleasure to accommodate quality tours at economically-friendly rates. Our Non-Private Tours highlight the areas of tour in the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park.
• Our Tours Depart From: The View Hotel's Lobby area (Many thanks to The View Hotel), at their cowboy on horse bronze statue waiting area. This area is straight ahead after you enter their front, double doors. The View Hotel sits next door to the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park Visitor's Center. Your guide will meet you here and return you here also. *Please Note: Your guide will wait up to 15 minutes after tour departure time for those that may be running late and then depart for tour. Your guide is unable to wait for more than 15 minutes for consideration for others that are on scheduled tour. For those that do not make their scheduled tour, please call us to reschedule for the next available tour. We are happy to accommodate.
• At The View Hotel, you will board along with others, an open-air tour vehicle for a culturally enriching and nature filled, adventurous tour. This tour accommodates (7) to (8) stops with enriching cultural and landscape narrative from your Navajo guide of approximately (5) to (10) minutes at each stop.
• Beginning your tour, you will enjoy a few stops on the General Loop Drive of the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park such as "John Ford Point".
• This tour accommodates more emphasis of the backcountry area (restricted area requiring guide services). Enjoy sights such as "The Sun's Eye Arch" ,"The Big Hogan", and more.
• The Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park Entrance Fee: This fee is not included in our tour rates; this fee is paid directly to the Tribal Park upon entrance at their Toll Fee Booth.
• Helpful Travel Timezone Difference: We are on Mountain Standard Time (MST). We are currently (1) hour ahead of cities in Arizona that are off the Navajo Nation such as Page, Grand Canyon, & Phoenix, Arizona. When it is 2:00 pm here, it is 1:00 pm in these cities. We are on same timezone as all of Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Our Tours depart from The View Hotel's lobby (many thanks to The View Hotel), at their cowboy on horse bronze statue waiting area. This area is straight ahead after you enter their front, double doors. The View Hotel sits next door to the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park Visitor's Center.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Your guide will return you to The View Hotel drop off / pick up area, after your tour.
- Complimentary Bottled water is provided on your tour and you are welcome to bring your own water, snacks, etc.
- Gratuity (Tips) for Guide is not included in rates and is welcomed by your guide and can be given directly to your guide.
- The Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park Entrance Fee is not included in our tour rates; this fee is paid directly to the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park upon entrance at their Toll Fee Booth.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to other patrons possible pet allergies, we happily accommodate your pet(s) enjoyment of a tour on our Private Tours only.
- Gratuity (Tip) is welcomed by your guide and can be given directly to your guide.
- Please advise Timezone Difference; We are on Mountain Standard Time (MST). We are currently (1) hour ahead of cities in Arizona that are off the Navajo Nation such as Page, Grand Canyon, & Phoenix, Arizona. When it is 2:00 pm here, it is 1:00 pm in these cities. We are on same timezone as all of Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.
- Please advise that all tour routes are dirt roads with bumps and ruts and due to this terrain, we are unable to accommodate those with back and / or neck conditions and women who are pregnant. **Also please advise this terrain may be difficult for babies and very young children due to the duration of the tour and terrain. Our guides drive the routes very slowly from (5) to (15) miles per hour.
- We abide by the laws and regulations of the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park; if a park closure occurs beyond our control, we will provide a full refund or we happily accommodate rescheduling of tour.
- We happily accommodate wheel chair accessibility on our Private Tours only, please call our office to reserve a private tour.
- We recommend patrons wearing hats & sunscreen to protect from Sun during the warmer, hot Season.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-36224P2