3-Hour Monterey Bay Winter Whale-Watching Tour in California
Monterey Bay is the premier destination for whale watching all year. Your daily 3-hour, whale watch trip is narrated by a marine biologist or naturalist who provides educational and interesting information about whales, dolphins, and a wide variety of marine wildlife. In addition to teaching you about the wildlife, your marine biologists and naturalists will provide information about the natural history of the local area and talk about conservation.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Meet at Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey to begin your whale watching experience at 10am. Monterey Bay is considered to be a premier destination for whale watching year round as these animals are often spotted there. Your whale watching trip will be narrated by a marine biologist or naturalist, who will provide you educational and interesting information about marine wildlife.
In addition to teaching you about the wildlife, your marine biologists and naturalists will provide information about the natural history of the local area and talk about conservation. While out on the ocean, your marine biologists and naturalists will also be collecting sighting data for scientific research. During your trip, the crew will show you how to spot whales and dolphins as well as give you advice on how to best capture photos and videos of the wildlife. You will return back to the original departure point between 12:30pm and 1pm.
• Old Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, CA
• Discovery Whale Watch, 66 Fishermans Wharf, Monterey, CA 93940, USA
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 66 Fishermans Wharf, Monterey, CA 93940, USA
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
Average 4.50 out of 5 stars based on 2 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Wonderful experience. Saw about 5 grey south bound whales- and pretty close up. The naturalist talked sometimes over the speaker, but many times would have side conversations with other people. Wish he could've educated us some more. Very friendly guy though. The captain was pretty nice and really wanted us to have the best experience as well. Would do this again. Wish there was more seating as well.
This tour was amazing!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-53254P2