3-Hour Lower East Side Walking and Food Tasting Tour
Take this opportunity to come and explore the sights, the sounds, and the savory food of an area going through more changes than any other in Manhattan. Enjoy this small group 3 hour walking tour and visit seven destinations, and take your time to taste various foods along your way. Also, enjoy being led by a local guide and learn about some of the great histories of Manhattan.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lower East Side, New York City, NY
Stroll. Learn. Nosh. Now, you can explore an up-and-coming hip neighborhood that's rich in history and stacked with infamously famous eats.
Stop At: Tenement Museum, 103 Orchard St Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002-3102
As you walk and talk, you will learn about the pushcart culture of the early 1900s, see the oldest synagogue in the U.S. For Eastern Europeans, and the Tenement Museum.Learn the history of tenements all while eating some of the most delicious food the city has to offer.
Stop At: Economy Candy, 108 Rivington St, New York City, NY 10002-2204
The tour lasts about three hours with a minimum of seven stops. By the way, this is a great tour to go on if you're dairy free! Other locations visited: Russ and Daughters, Pickle Guys, Kossar's Bialys, Doughnut Plant, Katz's Deli.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Yonah Schimmel's Knish, 137 E Houston St, New York, NY 10002, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Doughnut Plant, 379 Grand St, New York, NY 10002, USA
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Lunch - (A large one)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary/allergy requirements at time of booking
- Rain or shine
- Dress code is casual
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-9510P3