3-Hour History and Food Tour in Atlanta
Delve into the future of Southern cuisine while exploring Atlanta's deep past in this delicious food tour through Victorian Grant Park and Oakland Cemetery. You'll try 12 modern Southern and Southern fusion tastings at 5 locally owned restaurants and food shops on this 3-hour small group tour, including a jaunt through Oakland Cemetery, while being entertained by our knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. You'll learn about the founding of Atlanta, from tiny railroad town to the capital of Atlanta, while trying delectable samplings, including shrimp and grits at the city's favorite seafood spot and raspberry hibiscus meringues from a James Beard-nominated bakery. Discover why Atlanta is a city built on food on this unforgettable food tour, a must for food and history lovers! Small-group tour is limited to a maximum of 12 travelers.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grant Park, Berne Street, Atlanta, GA 30303
Grant Park is a residential district, known for its Victorian mansions and Craftsman bungalows.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Oakland Cemetery, 248 Oakland Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312-2292
Historic Oakland Cemetery is Atlanta’s oldest public park and the final resting place of many of the city’s most noted citizens. Less than a mile from downtown, its 48 acres are full of treasures – history and gardens, sculpture and architecture, ancient oaks and magnolias.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Unexpected Atlanta Walking Tours, 180 Northside Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30313-1312
This food tour takes you off-the-beaten path to Atlanta's gorgeous Victorian neighborhood to try 12 mouth-watering tastings from 5 restaurants and food shops. The 3-hour small group tour will introduce you to the story of Atlanta's founding and why Atlanta truly was a city built on food, while you taste modern Southern and Southern fusion dishes, such as pork belly toast with tomato jam and goat cheese and fried catfish with cucumber wasabi soy sauce.
Your guide will entertain and inform you on the easy 2 mile walk with stories and insights into Atlanta's settlement and the Civil War, Atlanta yesterday and today, and the city’s food culture. In fact, many guests tell us that this is the best value in the city because it's both a food tour and a history tour in one! You'll be introduced to neighborhoods and stories about Atlanta that even locals don’t know! Feed your belly and your mind with Atlanta's most unique culinary experience.
Tasting Locations Include:
• Six Feet Under: the neighborhood's top seafood joint
• Republic Social House: neighborhood watering hole
• My Friend's Growler Shop: local-focused beer store
• FirePit Pizza Tavern- family gathering spot for locals
• Little Tart Bakeshop: French inspired pastry shopImportant Note: If you have food allergies or restrictions (such as vegetarian, gluten-free, or allergy restrictions) or if any person in your group doesn't drink alcohol, please advise prior to the tour. Tour includes pork, shellfish, and nuts, but there are substitutions if you notify local operator in advance by specifying at the time of booking in the 'special requirements' field.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 437 Memorial Dr SE, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 12 food tastings and one alcoholic beverage at 5 locally-owned restaurants
- A friendly and insightful food expert who will guide you through the history of Southern food and Atlanta
- Walking and historical tour through Oakland Cemetery and Grant Park
- Small group tours of no more than 14 people
- Discount and coupon book for food tour guests only
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The tour is over 1 easy miles through Grant Park with plenty of rest stops. Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water!
- Operates in all weather conditions, rain or shine; please dress appropriately and carry an umbrella.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Loved the restaurants and would go back to each one. Loved all the history I learned about Atlanta. I just moved to Atlanta and really enjoyed going through the cemetery.
Although we enjoyed the tour. I am still waiting to receive the email with the pictures that were taken by Margaret as promised. Disappointing.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-16831P2