3-Hour Hands-On Cooking Class in New Orleans
Learn how to cook an authentic Louisiana meal in this 3-Hour New Orleans cooking class. An expert chef will guide you and a group of, at most, 10 people through various recipes. Wine and beer are included in the price, and you can take your recipe and apron home with you after the class. Choose from multiple departure times and meals upon booking.
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Several menus to choose from
- Free drinks included
Cook & eat an authentic Louisiana meal! In this highly interactive class, our guests actually cut, season and prepare a complete dinner with one an expert chef, and afterwards they are able to sit down and enjoy the meal they have just created. These small intimate classes have a maximum of 10 people utilizing 5 cooktops. Singles may be paired with another individual. Price includes red and white wine and Abita Amber Beer (a local brew) and you'll even take home your recipes and apron! Dishes you may cook include gumbo, BBQ shrimp and grits, bananas foster, yam-crab bisque, shrimp remoulade, and more delicious favorites.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 524 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Cooking class + meal
- Beer, red or white wine, iced tea, lemonade
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - New Orleans School of Cooking
- $10 fee payable on site for special requests due to dietary restrictions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Dress code is casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 4 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Chef Ricardo was great. He was funny and knowledgeable. I do all the cooking at home and my wife is a novice at cooking. We both were able to produce food together and she did her own individual dishes as well. We made gumbo, shrimp maque choux, bread pudding and pralines. There were five couples and it was great getting to know them and share a meal together. Each couple made their own food. Everything was pre measured and ready for us at each station and the chef guided us through the process. Loved the whole thing. The abundant beer and wine helped the evening go smoothly as well. I would do it again. Totally worth the money.
My husband and I had no idea how much fun this was going to be. We knew we were going to sample some good food but it was a blast cooking it with Austin. We loved the combination of history and culinary skills. It turned out the other couples in our group were all from California and most of them from around San Francisco. Compared to the others we were foodie newbies but did not feel out of place.
If you are someone who likes to cook or just someone who likes to eat, this is a must. It will be three of the best hours in a city full of amazing hours.
Chef Matt was easy going yet extremely knowledgeable. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. The class is held at an intImate setting with a table full of strangers that quickly became friends over drinks. We learned to cook New Orleans cuisine and it was nothing short of delicious.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3108P2
Similar Tours & Activities