3-Hour Group Tour
Each tour is lead by an experienced Navajo guide, who is certified by the Navajo Nation Parks & Recreation Dept. and National Park Service. Each and everyone of our guides was born and raised in this Canyon De Chelly area, allowing them to gain a vast knowledge of its history to share with all our guests who visit this place we call home. As well as learning about the canyon's rich history, rock art sites and other archeological sites, you will hear stories and tales of life in the canyon and get a chance to visit our guide's families who still weave, farm, ranch, and continue to live a traditional Navajo lifestyle in this rural part of the southwest. We invite you to join one of our guides on a truly unique and one of a kind tour, and to support this 100% NAVAJO OWNED and OPERATED SMALL BUSINESS!! Ahéhee' (thank you)
Our guides will meet you at the hotel lobby for pickup to board and be on our way to Canyon De Chelly National Monument, which is located just 2.5 miles away, here we will obtain our Navajo Nation backcountry permit (separate $2.00/person fee-cash only, collected by Navajo Nation Parks & Rec Dept). From here, we will embark on our 26-mile round trip journey into the canyon. All guests will be dropped off at hotel lobby at the end of tour.
**ALL TOURS ARE ON MOUNTAIN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME**
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point:
Suggested items to bring -water and snacks -hat, appropriate clothing for time of year (check weather report) -sunscreen -binoculars -camera * Our vehicles are open air (if weather is bad we will bring an enclosed vehicle for more comfort) * * CANYON DE CHELLY NATIONAL MONUMENT (including the entire Navajo Nation) OBSERVES DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. All departure for tours will be on Mountain Daylight-Savings Time, which is one hour ahead of the rest of Arizona (from March 10-November 3, 2019). *Please plan accordingly, tours may be shortened or forfeit if group/individual is not on time.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details:
- Best Western Canyon De Chelly Inn, 100 Main St, Chinle, AZ 86503, USA
- Navajo Nation Backcountry Permit Fee $2.00/person cash only
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-157359P1
Similar Tours & Activities