3-Day Colorado River Rafting Trip through Westwater Canyon
The Westwater Canyon whitewater-rafting trip in Utah is designed for adventurers who want an action-packed Colorado River rafting vacation, but only have a few days to spare. Experience beautiful landscapes, hiking, thrilling rapids, pristine beaches, and rugged camping on this 3-day trip. All meals, safety equipment , and transport to and from departure point are included. Rafting trips begin in May and run through September.
Important to note: camping gear is not included, but is available to rent for between $40 - $65.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Ideal choice for families
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Itineraries can vary widely from one trip to the next based on group desires, Mother Nature, and courtesy for other groups on the river. The typical itineraries below illustrate a 3-day trip through Westwater Canyon on the Colorado River.
Day 1: Meet at Green River, Utah headquarters at 8:00 am before a 2-hour drive to Loma. First, float leisurely through the desert scenery of Ruby Canyon, and for those interested, inflatable kayaks provide an opportunity to experience the river on your own. Hike up Rattlesnake Canyon to see a variety of desert plants and wildlife, then camp at Black Rocks, where 1,000-year-old black schist – a type of metamorphic rock – provides an unusually rugged and beautiful setting for your campsite.
Day 2: Spend plenty of time peacefully floating on calm waters and more time in the inflatable kayaks before reaching Westwater Ranger Station. This is where the river enters the steep, narrow canyons that give Westwater its nickname: “the Little Grand Canyon”. Small rapids begin to materialize along the otherwise quiet stretches of the Colorado River here. Set up camp at one of the many beaches within Westwater Canyon.
Day 3: Gear up for rapids on the final day of the trip. Raft down Hunter’s, Funnel Falls, Surprise, and Skull Rapid, and glimpse bald eagle, great blue heron, and snowy egret habitats along the way. Finally, take a short drive back to Green River.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 2075 E Main St, Green River, UT 84525, USA
- Duration: 3 days (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Transportation to and from the River from our Green River Headquarters
- Life Jackets and River bags
- All meals and beverages starting with lunch on day one and ending with lunch on day three.
- Guides, permits and rafting adventure
- Camping gear. You can rent camping gear from us for $65 or $40
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-24346P1