3-Day Central Coast Hearst Castle & Wine Tour – San Francisco to Los Angeles
A 3-day one-way California coast adventure from San Francisco to Los Angeles
An exciting, fun filled 3-day experience that takes you from San Francisco, the City by the Bay, and heads south to discover the treasures on California’s Central Coast.
You’ll enjoy highlights such as the Pacific Coast Highway Route 1, the extravagant Hearst Castle, quaint coastal Cambria and the award-winning Paso Robles Wine Country before ending your journey in Los Angeles, the City of Angels.
You’re sure to fall in love with the dreamlike beauty of California’s Central Coast on this SF to LA tour.
• From San Francisco to Los Angeles
• From Los Angeles to San Francisco
• As a 3-day getaway from San Francisco
• As a 3-day getaway from Los Angeles
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607
This tour will start in the vibrant scenic waterfront destination, Jack London Square, just a quick ferry trip or a few Bart stops away from San Francisco.
From there you will board the Coast Starlight train from San Francisco to Los Angeles, which is widely regarded as one of the most spectacular of all train routes.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center, 1225 Park St, Paso Robles, CA 93446-2234
You’ll arrive in the early afternoon in one of the Top 25 coolest towns in America, Paso Robles, where cowboy country meets world-class wine.
After you check-in to your hotel, you enjoy the afternoon and evening at your leisure in Paso Robles.
You’ll have plenty of time to visit the charming downtown plaza, the local boutiques, art galleries, assortment of restaurants & cafes, winery tasting rooms, craft breweries, distilleries, cider houses, olive oil offerings and so much more!
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: 750 Hearst Castle Road, San Simeon, CA 93452-9740
On your second day you will enjoy the SLO CAL life on California’s Central Coast on a small-group Hearst Castle & Wine Country tour.
The tour will start off early for a picturesque drive to Hearst Castle where you will take the Grand Rooms tour of the main house and enjoy the castle free from the crowds.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cambria Historical Museum, 2251 Center St, Cambria, CA 93428-3005
Afterwards, we’ll head over to the charming coastal town of Cambria, where you’ll have time to wander, enjoy the shops, art galleries & restaurants at your leisure (lunch is not included in the tour).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Paso Robles Wineries, 560 10th St, Paso Robles, CA 93446, USA
Finally, we will finish the day by heading over the stunning Santa Lucia mountains into Paso Robles Wine Country, where you’ll enjoy three unique and delightful wine tasting experiences before returning to your lodging. (Tasting fees not included)
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Union Station, 800 N Alameda St Downtown, Los Angeles, CA 90012-2177
Enjoy the morning at your leisure before boarding the Coast Starlight train to Los Angeles in the early afternoon. This is the most scenic part of the train trip with stunning coastal views.
Once you board you can opt to make a dinner reservation in the dining car, which is an experience itself and highly recommended.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the unique up-close vantage on the Southern California seascape. You’ll pass through the coastline nicknamed “the American Riviera” of Santa Barbara, and arrive in the evening in Los Angeles’ Union Station (9:00pm), finishing this 3-day tour.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Hearst Castle/California State Parks & Amtrak
Duration: 8 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Jack London Square, 245 2nd St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
- Duration: 3 days (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:15 AM
- Return Details: Union Station, 800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
- Two nights of accommodation in Paso Robles (meals not included)
- Complimentary shared cheese tray and chilled bottled water on Day 2
- Knowledgeable, friendly, experienced and professional local guide on Day 2
- Shipping boxes and Wine skins available for purchase
- Enjoy the Central Coast to the fullest!
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Jack London Square
- Entry/Admission - Hearst Castle
- Entry/Admission - Union Station
- Tasting Fees: The cost of wine tastings depends on the wineries selected to visit. The average is $10 – $20 at each winery for about 4 – 6 pours. Many wineries will waive the fees if a customer purchases wine.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Gratuity for your guide
- Entry/Admission - Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Cambria Historical Museum
- Entry/Admission - Paso Robles Wineries
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- For our snacks: please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children of all ages are welcome on the tour though drinking alcohol is not permitted for those under the age of 21. This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 8 years old. Please bring a valid photo ID.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Wear comfortable shoes and bring layers as the weather is subject to sudden changes. Often, the coastal weather can be cool with some fog and Paso Robles can be much warmer with lots of sunshine. It’s also a good idea to bring sunscreen.
- By California law, any children under the age of 8 years old, as well as any children shorter than 4’9” must be secured in a car seat or booster seat. Toast Tours DOES NOT provide a car seat or booster seat, and it is your responsibility to provide this yourself. Children under the age of 8 years old will not be allowed on the vehicle if you do not have a car seat or booster seat.
- Carry-on baggage on the train is limited to 2 personal items, 14x11x7″ / 25lbs per item, and 2 bags, 28x22x14″ / 50lbs per bag, per passenger. You may be charged a baggage fee or denied boarding if your items exceed these limitations.
- Please note that the rooms booked on your tour are subject to change and may not be identical to those pictured.
- All cancellations and changes for this tour will be subject to a 100% per person fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-87990P4