3 Day Canopy Tree Climbing Academy
This two and half day course (20 hours) will teach you the basics and advance skills, leaving you with a strong foundation of skills and experience to do recreational canopy tree climbing on your own in this fast growing recreational sport. The three days can be consecutive or split up as desired.
You will gain the knowledge and apply that knowledge in the field, practicing everything you need to know to get up into a tree and come back down safely. Use this knowledge to do recreational tree climbing on your own, with friends or in upcoming tree climbing programs. We will go over many different types of gear, climbing techniques, and you will learn this all from a personal instructor from our professional staff. At the completion of the course you will gain special access to our climbing equipment in State Parks to do recreational tree climbing on you own!
Its time for the next mind expanding life experience, sing up! See you in the trees soon!
Duration: 2.5 Days usually from 9am to 5pm for two days and 9am - 1pm the last day.
Age Requirements: 7+ , minors require consent form
Prerequisites: No experience necessary, preferably have taken beginner canopy climbing course.
Skills you will learn: How to get into trees, setting your own throw lines, learning about different methods of projecting throw lines include huge slingshots, drones, and compound bows, first ascents, creating anchors, different methods of ascending including SRT and DRT systems, knots, basic canopy climbing techniques, environmental and botanical knowledge about trees, tree protection, environmental protection, overview of many different specialized canopy gear, strength and rating of gear, safety procedures, rappelling and removing tree of all gear on final descent.
Included: Professional canopy climbing guide/instructor, all equipment, study materials and certificate upon completion.
Not Included: State Park Discover parking pass, snacks, drinks and appropriate clothes (any kind of athletic shoe will do)
Equipment: All climbing equipment will be provided for you.
Location: Deception Pass State Park, 41020 Washington 20, Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Transportation: Transportation is not included
Times: Time and date is very personalized and customized to meet your needs. You are able to request the 3 days to be split up if necessary.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Meeting location is at north beach parking lot in Deception Pass State Park. You can see our AdventureTerra location in Deception Pass State Park on Google maps.
- Duration: 3 days (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9am to 5pm for two days and 9am - 1pm the last day.
- Professional instructor
- All climbing equipment
- State Park Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Dress code is athletic
- Dress code is prepare to get a little dirty.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. Not able to climb in very heavy rains, high winds above 20mph, lightning or thunder. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-19601P5