3.5 Hour Haines Travel Experience
This is a "one of a kind" excursion. No other company offers the unique travel itinerary cloaked with flexibility. Stop to take photographs when you want, stay a little longer here or there if desired, ask questions of your guide who lives in Haines, and learn about the areas amazing history. Visitors who have taken this excursion love it! Down to earth, not hurried, and no crowds. TWO PERSON MINIMUM.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, Miles 8 Thru 31 Haines Highway, Haines, AK
Travel on the Haines Highway to the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve and walk on a very nice path/boardwalk along the Chilkat River. Mountain and river views. Possible eagle sightings coupled with discussion with your local guide about the eagle preserve, the Chilkat Tlingits, and personal adventures. Approximate 25 minute drive to eagle preserve.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Fort William H. Seward National Historic Landmark, 4-6 Ft Seward Dr, Haines, AK 99827
Travel back in time to historic Fort Seward with original buildings dating back to 1903. Visit a Tlingit Clan House complete with totem poles and a military parade ground with cannon! Photo opportunities overlooking Portage Cove with scenic mountain backdrop.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chilkat State Park, 7 Mile Mud Bay Road, Haines, AK 99827
Visit Haines Packing Company at Letnikof Cove. One of the oldest working canneries still in operation. Take a tour of the unique cannery and learn about the fishing industry from your local guide who was a deckhand in Bristol Bay and the Lynn Canal. The trail then moves onto the Chilkat State Park to soak in the beauty of the Davidson and Rainbow Glaciers. Time permitting, a short beach/forest trail walk tops off a wonderful and scenic journey.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Port Chilkoot Dock - Cruise Ship Dock, Haines, AK 99827, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Location as agreed upon with client.Airports
- Haines Municipal Airport, 728 Main St, Haines, AK 99827
Port Chilkoot Dock Haines, Alaska
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7/3/2019 - 10/2/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Snacks - Bottle Water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-149719P3
Similar Tours & Activities