2hr Day Sail on historic Lake Pontchartrain
Explore the Lake Side of NOLA on an Indulgent Sail, with U.S. Coast Guard Master Captain Doug at the helm.
Luxurious year-round sailing on the protected waters of Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana’s largest inland body of water located 10 miles from the French Quarter.
Your tour includes:
Transportation to and from the boat from French Quarter area hotels
Complimentary craft beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks such as cookies, chips, nuts, and gluten-free chips/popcorn
Comfortable seating, satellite radio/spotify, sunscreen, and blankets for those colder days
Restrooms and all proper safety equipment onboard
Beautiful & spacious lounge below
See the world’s longest bridge over water, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway
2hr Day Sail on the protected waters of Lake Pontchartrain. Relax with a glass of white wine or local craft beer, and be treated like royalty while you Explore the Lake Side of New Orleans on our 47' luxurious sailing yacht.
Your captain is local New Orleanian, Captain Doug, and he has over 35 years of sailing and sailboat racing experience. Doug is a U.S. Coast Guard Master Captain who loves sharing his passion of sailing with you.
• Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Landry's Seafood House, 8000 Lakeshore Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation to and from the boat from French Quarter or downtown area hotels. Day Sails have a pick up at 10:30am and we will get you back at 2pm.We also pick up a little later from our designated pick up location at the public parking lot across from Landry's Seafood House located at 8000 Lakeshore Pkwy, New Orleans, LA 70124
- Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Alcoholic Beverages - Complimentary local craft beer, white wine, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks such as cookies, chips, and gluten-free options
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
We had an amazing time with Captain Doug!! Highly recommend to anyone thinking of going out on Lake Ponchartrain!!! THE BOAT IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE SAIL IS INCREDIBLE!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-122916P2
Similar Tours & Activities