24 Hours Backpacking in the Rockies
Timber Lake Trail passes through forests and meadows to reach the open area at Timber Lake. Timber Lake is located 4.8 miles from the Timber Creek Trailhead on the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park. It shares a large, level basin with two adjacent ponds beneath Mt Ida. A well-cut trail leads through diverse forests and luxuriant meadows where moose and elk sightings are common. Visitors will enjoy excellent fishing and room to explore this idyllic alpine lake setting. This will continue to Long Meadows trail concluding at the Onahu Creek trailhead.
• Difficulty: Easy – Moderate
• Approximately 11 miles
• 2,349 feet elevation gain
• Highest Elevation: 9,843 ft
• Trail Features: Lake Views, Wild Flowers, Scenic Views
Rocky Mountain National Park is an incredibly trafficked area of Colorado, and who wants to take in the natural beauty of this state with 100+ other people within arms reach? Get away from the bustle and let your experienced guide lead you to the less-seen corners of the park. AVA’s guides will help you view the incredible Colorado wildlife from a safe distance, they’ll pack your delectable lunch on their back so you aren’t carrying all the weight, and you’ll learn extensive amounts about the flora and fauna of the area. Escape into Colorado’s backcountry on your own two feet.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 301 Marina Dr, Grand Lake, CO 80447, USA
- Duration: 1 day (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Camping gear and sleeping bag
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-15415P32
Similar Tours & Activities