2019 Midwest Autumn Colors Excursion
To celebrate the glorious return of autumn, on October 26th and November 2nd we'll head out to superb Matthiessen State Park for an autumn colors hike! Come enjoy waterfalls, bluffs, caves and plenty of trails - right here in Illinois! Roundtrip transportation from the South Loop and a light breakfast snack included. After a late morning hike through this hidden gem, we will enjoy lunch at nearby Starved Rock State Park Lodge. Enjoy their famous menu in the gorgeous and tranquil surroundings of Starved Rock State Park. This year, late October and early November are the peak fall foliage seasons. Book your tickets now for this fall classic!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matthiessen State Park, 2500 Illinois Route 178, Oglesby, IL 61348, Utica, IL 61373-0509
Matthiessen State Park is one of Illinois' premier state parks and the absolute ideal location to see beautiful fall foliage! With a waterfall, several miles of hiking trails, small caverns and gorgeous bluffs, this is an oasis of tranquility and natural beauty.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Starved Rock State Park, 2668 E 875th Rd, Utica, IL 61373
After our guided hike through Matthiessen State Park, we will have a delicious lunch at Starved Rock Lodge, a charming and rustic dining space with great food!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Little Branch Cafe, 1251 S Prairie Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Snacks - Before departure, each excursion participant will receive a gourmet pastry and coffee from the Little Branch Cafe
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-109238P5
Similar Tours & Activities