2 Seacoast Villages, a culinary and history tour
This is a small, intimate group tour of 2 truly historic seacoast villages. The tour starts with a lobster roll lunch right on the water in Noank. After touring this shipbuilding and artist community village we proceed to the 1853 Spicer Mansion in Mystic....an iconic landmark. We then walk along the river in Mystic and hear about the stories and history of Native Americans, English Colonists, sea captains, whaling, shipbuilding, rum running and more. We finish sip wine and enjoy fresh seafood at the Engine Room, a local treasure on Historic Schooner Wharf. Also there are more treats including pastries from the national award winning Sift Bakery (and of course Mystic Pizza!). We are currently running this unique tour once a week, but if the time doesn't work for you, please email and we can schedule a custom time and tour for you.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Noank Historical Society Museum, 17 Sylvan St, Noank, CT 06340-5742
The Museum is a short stop but there is an detailed walk and drive of this amazing hidden gem.....CT seacoast village.
Stop At: Historic Downtown Mystic, Along Mystic River, Mystic, CT 06355
View historic homes, hear the history, exclusive tour of 1853 Spicer Mansion including a view from the Widows walk. Stop for fresh local oysters, wine, and other delicacies. Here the amazing stories and history.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 15 Elm St, Mystic, CT 06355, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:15 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Lunch - Lobster roll from Fords Lobster, a classic New England seaside restaurant at the mouth of the Mystic River
- Snacks - Local seafood delicacies from Engine Room, "slice of heaven" from Mystic Pizza, pastries from Sift, a national award winning bakery
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Moderate walking in each village with a drive in between
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-148593P3