2-Hour Sunset Sail on the San Francisco Bay
Whether you want to kick off a fabulous date night or wrap up an enjoyable afternoon, this two-hour sunset sail is just the ticket. Step aboard the gorgeous traditional vessel to take in the sights at the most bewitching time of day. You'll sail past Alcatraz, hug the coast at Sausalito and experience the full grandeur of the Golden Gate Bridge. Sip two servings of your choice of included beer, wine, soda or water as Privateer cruises along the spectacular San Francisco cityscape, while the sun sets and the lights of the city come to twinkling life.
You will meet your captain and first mate at Pier 39. They will get you checked in and boarded on the Privateer, our beautiful double-masted 28-passenger sailboat. Once everyone is comfortable, you will motor out of the docks and into the Bay. When you get out on the Bay, your captain will raise the sails!
You will sail out past Alcatraz and Angel Island, catching great views of both islands and the Bay Bridge. You will see the lush green landscape of Marin illuminated by the setting sun and the charming and picturesque city of Sausalito. Then you will sail parallel to the Golden Gate Bridge for some beautiful sunset photo opportunities. As you head back toward the docks at Pier 39, you will see the San Francisco waterfront begin to light up and sparkle!
During your tour, your first mate will make sure you are comfortable and serve you your two complementary beverages - your choice of beer, wine, or soft drinks. Come spend a relaxing evening with us enjoying the beauty of the San Francisco Bay from the water!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Entry/Admission - San Francisco Bay
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you plan on drinking alcoholic beverages, please remember to bring your valid, government-issued ID
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Tours may be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or unsafe weather conditions at the time of the tour
- It is colder out on the water, so we recommend dressing in layers and wearing close-toed shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Very nice tour of the Bay and going under the GG Bridge. As others have said - it's cold! so come prepared. Tour was late starting and directions to the Dock are not great at the Pier but overall a nice sail.
Had a great time! The captain and first mate were very friendly and knowledgeable! Weather was good which can be questionable in the SF Bay!
Super fun! It is an adventurous trip. The captain and first mate were welcoming. The weather was perfect on this evening to take in some amazing views.
This cruise was fantastic. Our first mate Caleb was so funny and chill, and took us on a great sail. They offered blankets and jacket for those of us ill prepared for the chill out on the water, and two beers/glasses of wine were free! The views of the bay were beautiful and the small group setting was quite charming and special.
Saw beautiful fog bank rolling on over Sausalito and nice views of Alcatraz. Too much fog to see the Golden Gate Bridge or the sunset though.
Beautiful view of the bay area! Maybe not the romantic cruise I envisioned but overall good time was had. Captain and 1st mate both entertaining! Dress warm as it is cool
My experience on the sunset sail was fabulous. The captain was great, the first mate was friendly and accommodating. And the sail to the golden gate bridge, under, swing around and back around the far side of Alcatraz was wonderful.
Captain Mikel and First Mate, Caleb were awesome!!! We knew we were in good hands. The views and the ambiance are breath-taking. We saw sea-lions fishing in the sea! My daughter and I will always remember this wonderful part of our San Francisco experience.
We hit the perfect evening for this event, a clear day with a beautiful sunset and then a full moon rising as we headed in. Even without that good fortune, this is an excellent tour. The captain was right on time. His mate was lively and easy to talk to. He made certain everyone had wine. Very relaxed and pleasant outing. The boat was comfortable. The efficiency of the operation was amazing. If you visiting San Francisco, definitely do this.
This was simply a lovely your! First mate Caleb was helpful and entertaining and the Cap'n was great.
The real star was the Bay and the beauty of sailing - quietly cutting through the water with San Francisco skyline as a backdrop. We had multiple pelican escorts and good wine. Do it!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-10219P3