2 Hour Rafting on the Yellowstone River
This classic half-day whitewater rafting trip on the Yellowstone River is perfect for families and kids of all ages. Certified guides will provide you with 2 hours of great splashes and fun!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Popular choice with kids
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
The trip begins with check-in at the rafting office in Gardiner, Montana a half-hour before the scheduled rafting trip. After you get checked in, you will be offered facilities to change into wetsuits or other appropriate water gear provided. Once everyone is ready, your guides will shuttle you to the river where they will provide safety instruction.
From there, you board your raft and paddle off, with your guide giving constant instruction. You will see 8 miles of the beautiful Yellowstone River and experience Class II, III and even a Class IV depending on the time of the year. The Gallatin National Forest borders the Yellowstone to your left and you will have plenty of scenic viewing opportunity. Your guide will even let you jump in for a swim!
About 20 minutes into your trip, you can expect to be photographed by a professional photographer. As your trip draws to a close, your guides will pick you up and drive 10 minutes back to Gardiner where you can change out of your river garb, view your photos and purchase other mementos from your trip.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Gardiner, MT at the North Entrance to Yellowstone National Park
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Wetsuits, water shoes, splash jacket
- Changing facility
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 4.73 out of 5 stars based on 11 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
My grandson and I had a wonderful time with Wild West Rafting. The crew was pleasant and very well trained.
I would recommend this to my friends. Our guides were fun, informative, relaxed, and made the experience a joyful one. I'm not a swimmer, so I was a bit nervous of how fast or dangerous this would be, but it was perfectly safe and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
It was the perfect mix of exciting and scenic. Our guide Caleb was awesome and funny, I will definitely do it again if I'm back in the area - I highly recommend!!
This was a great trip. The scenery is beautiful, the staff friendly and relaxed. We went out with another family with 2 much younger children. our guide was really tuned in to doing what was best for both groups. The youngsters were kept safely inside the raft for most of the journey, but given the chance to join in a bit later on once they'd got used to the whole experience. Seeing my son/ daughter were more comfortable with the whole getting soaked in the rapids affair she offered them to opportunity to 'ride on the bow' through one towards the end. Note- the site says wetsuits provided as well as life jackets/ water shoes. Given we did the shorter tour and the temperature, we did not have wet suits. . . so not only go with swimwear but take shorts/ T shirt you are happy to get soaked in!
This is a fun family rafting trip. We went in June so the river was moving quite fast trip took half the time allotted. Still the rapids were very manageable and our kids 10 and 15 were not at all afraid. The water was freezing so don't expect to do the swimming stop if you go in June. While the gear is not the newest and fanciest, the guides are very knowledgeable and made the trip very fun. I strongly suggest doing the whitewater version of the trip over the scenic version. The rapids are not at all scary and you still have plenty of resting time to enjoy the scenery.
Husband and I very much enjoyed this rafting experience. Great ride, beautiful scenery, and just the right amount of work balanced with rest. Our guide Jeff was funny, knowledgeable, and entertaining. We had a blast. Thanks!
We were a group of 10, with kids ranging from age 6 to 15 and five adults. Everyone had a great time! Our guide was fun and informative, and the operator seemed on top of safety and comfort. I am very sensitive to cold and thought I would be uncomfortable during the rafting trip, but I was fine. There were exciting rapids, but not anything too scary for the younger kids. I would definitely recommend this tour to others!
Nice trip with family. Just wild enough to be exciting with a calm float that allows you to take in the sights
Awesome trip - was a little worried about my 8 year old but turned out great.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-7874P1
Similar Tours & Activities