2 HOUR PRIVATE MINI EXCURSION
Travelers journey through historic U.S. Military Fort Seward with original buildings and picturesque parade grounds complete with cannon. There is a stop at a Tlingit Clan house constructed in the late 1950's complete with totem poles and a unique history all its own. The road then leads to the Chilkat Inlet/Chilkat River area where the river meets the sea. The Chilkat Mountain Range stands guard over the area. Enjoy scenic views of the Chilkat Valley, the Chilkat Inlet, and Pyramid Island. This is a location frequented by eagles flying overhead. Moving onto one of the oldest working canneries in Alaska is the Haines Packing Company. A walking tour is available with your guide who has worked as a deckhand in Lynn Canal and Bristol Bay. The grand finale is the amazing Chilkat State Park with Davdison and Rainbow Glaciers providing a gorgeous backdrop across the Chilkat Inlet. If travelers are physically able, a beach and forest trail walk is available. This is a 2 PERSON MINIMUM tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chilkat State Park, 7 Mile Mud Bay Road, Haines, AK 99827
Historic Fort Seward with original buildings built in 1903, the military parade ground with cannon, and a Tlingit Clan House with totem poles; Chilkat Inlet coastal area; Chilkat State Park; Picture Point at Portage Cove.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup location is at the Haines Port Chilkoot Dock unless prearranged for another location.Ports
Fort Seward and Haines Townsite locations - Clients preference
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7/3/2019 - 10/2/2021
7/3/2019 - 10/2/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Monday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-149719P2
Similar Tours & Activities