2-Hour Maui Whale Watching Catamaran Cruise from Ma’alaea Harbor
Enjoy this 2-hour guided adventure in a high-speed catamaran to watch the whales in their natural habitat. Depending on the whales’ behavior during your whale watching trip, you may see the whales slapping the surface with pectoral fins (their very long side fins), flukes (the tail), the peduncle (the strong muscles attaching the tail to the rest of the body) and the breach, this is when the whale rises completely out of the water and crashes down again. Juices and sodas are available on board.
- Ideal choice for families
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This high-speed catamaran leaves from Maalaea Harbor and can bring you to the whales quickly. Juices and sodas are included, all kinds of drinks are available for purchase, and there are restrooms on board. The humpback whales return to Hawaii for a few months each year to mate and give birth. The trip takes you out to see for two hours, with a professional guide, these amazing animals from December 15th to April 15th.
The Whale Watch Adventure aboard the "Malolo" catamaran leaves from Maalaea Harbor Slip 87 near Coast Guard Station. Depending on the whales’ behavior during your two-hour whale watching trip, you may see any number of whale things happen. Keep your eyes peeled for whales slapping the surface with pectoral fins (their very long side fins), flukes (the tail), and the peduncle (the strong muscles attaching the tail to the rest of the body). And keep your fingers crossed for a breach. This is when a whale rises completely out of the water and crashes down again! Don’t forget your camera.
Juices and sodas included. Adult drinks for purchase, including Maui Brewing Co. beer, wine and tropical cocktails for adults with a valid picture ID.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 300 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 1:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Underwater hydrophones to hear whale songs
- Professional, friendly, safety oriented, experienced captain and crew
- Ice cold sodas and juice
- Shady cabin
- 2 Restrooms
- Great informative and historical narrative
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Wetsuits and Underwater Cameras available for rent
- Hotel pickup and drop-off NOT Included
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Windbreaker is recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 66 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-9281P3
Similar Tours & Activities