2 Hour Alaska Rainforest Walk and Totem Park Small Group Tour
Join this amazing 2-hour Eco Tour with an experienced guide in a small group with maximum of 11 guests. Explore the Rainforest on a nature trail in the Tongass National Forest and stop at a beautiful waterfall viewing area. Admire lush green rainforest with giant trees, cascading creek and moss covered ground. Journey to the Totem Park where you will hear stories behind the magnificent totem poles and learn about Alaska Native Culture from local guide.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Totem Bight State Historical Park, 9883 N Tongass Hwy, Ketchikan, AK 99901-9246
The journey then takes us to a Totem Park where you will see the majestic Alaska Native Totem Poles with the Pacific ocean setting the perfect backdrop. You will have the opportunity to step inside the historic clan house while learning about the culture of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian people. Your local guide will share the stories and meanings behind these magnificent carvings with you.
There are wonderful photo opportunities throughout this nature adventure. Transportation to and from the cruise ship dock is included. small group sizes of 11 guests or less, which enables us to offer you a quality personal experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tongass National Forest, Ketchikan, AK
On the scenic coastal drive to the Rainforest trailhead, your guide will narrate on the local history and lore of Ketchikan.
You will experience the lush rainforest of Alaska with giant trees towering above you and moss blanketing the forest floor. This rainforest trail is in the Tongass National Forest, which is the nation's largest national forest. Your local guide will lead you through the easy nature trail while pointing out indigenous trees and plants along the way. You will learn how these abundant resources were vital to the Alaska Native people. During this, off the beaten path excursion, stop at a beautiful waterfall viewing area, where there is a bench if you would like to relax for a few minutes. The walking time on the trail is approximately 40 minutes total. After the rainforest walk, enjoy bottled water and a snack of tasty smoked salmon dip with crackers. This is a family-friendly excursion and can include a scavenger hunt and geocaching for the kids on the trail.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at each cruise ship, just look for guide holding a sign with Wild Wolf Tours on it right where you exit the ship. Please meet 10 minutes prior to tour time. If you do not immediately see guide please wait near gangway of your ship and we will meet you there. Please call 907-617-2621 with any questions.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Depending on your arrival at the Ketchikan Cruise Port
- Cruise Ship dock pickup and drop-off
- Professional local guide
- Bottled water
- Snack of Smoked Salmon Dip
- Scavenger Hunt and Geocaching for kids
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should be able to walk 1 mile to 1.5 miles on gravel trail.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, and disembarkation time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We have rain ponchos or umbrellas available.
- A child car seat or booster seat available upon request, we must be notified ahead of time
- We reserve the right to change trail and or totem park locations, depending on current conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
Our family thoroughly enjoyed this experience. Our guide was so knowledgeable about all the plants, wildlife history, totem poles- and she had they best personality and energy!!! This excursion exceeded our expectations and would highly recommend it to everyone
This was a nice walk through the forest and visit to a Totem park.
Our host, Tracy, was very personable and interesting.
We were upgraded to the 3 hour tour at no additional cost, which was very nice of Wild Wolf Tours and not something they had to do.
I would recommend this as a good way to get exposure to the rain forest and learn about the plants and wildlife in the area. And the smoked salmon was delicious!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-44761P1
Similar Tours & Activities