2-Day Yosemite National Park Tour from San Francisco
Experience the Yosemite tour voted in the top 10 multi-day tours on TripAdvisor 2018! We are also the 'Greenest Tour Company in San Francisco' so enjoy a guilt free & zero emissions trip on us.
On our Yosemite Hotel 2-Day Tour, you’ll have enough time and flexibility to see everything the park has to offer. The tour is fully-guided so you get a more complete, personal experience. During your two days, you will see and photograph such famous highlights as Yosemite Falls (the tallest waterfall in North America), El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls, and Inspiration Point. The tour also includes a trip to Glacier Point and a hike among the Giant Sequoias (weather permitting). At night, you will sleep comfortably in the heart of Yosemite Valley at your choice of accommodations (Yosemite Valley Lodge, Majestic Hotel, or Tent Cabins at Half Dome Village), or at Cedar Lodge in the picturesque Merced River canyon. Slip away to Yosemite Park for two days with us!
Day 1: San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
Leave San Francisco behind and cross the Bay Bridge, offering amazing views of Alcatraz Island and Angel Island. Cruise through Oakland, the East Bay and on to Central Valley to stop for groceries (own expense). Travel through Gold Country and the Sierra Nevada Foothills
Stop At: Central Valley, California 96080, USA
Travel through California's Central Valley and see where most of California's almonds, figs, corn and more are grown. Here we will make a short stop so you can grab lunch for later and any local produce for hiking snacks. You can also pick up any other needed last-minute supplies for the days ahead.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
After approximately 3-4 hours you'll arrive to the entrance of Yosemite National Park. Enjoy the scenic mountain views as your guide explains the history and geology of this special place.
Stop At: Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias, Yosemite National Park, CA
Head down a beautiful scenic path to the enchanted Tuolumne Grove consisting of dozens of Giant Sequoia trees. But don’t be fooled by this moderate downhill stroll. Make sure you bring some water to sip as you enjoy your time among the giants as you have a bit of climb ahead of you to get back to the mini-coach. You'll also have time to enjoy your lunch here among the towering trees.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tunnel View, Wawona Road, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
Next, we’ll leave the gentle giants of the Sequoia Grove in the mini-coach to get a narrated tour through Yosemite’s glaciated valley. We’ll make a few stops along the way, including at Tunnel View, to snap some pictures of some of the famous waterfalls and rock formations while your guide gives you some of the history that makes this park so special.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yosemite Village, Off Northside Dr., Yosemite National Park, CA
Now it’s time to spend a few hours exploring on your own! We’ll make a stop near the base of Yosemite Falls, where those staying at the Yosemite Lodge can check in leave their luggage. You’ll have a number of options of where to go, including a leisurely walk through the Ansel Adams Gallery, the historic Ahwahnee lodge, or get your pulse up with a hike or bike ride along the river.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a comfortable hotel of your choosing, based on availability.
Day 2: Full morning and afternoon in Yosemite National Park, then back to San Francisco
Stop At: Yosemite Valley, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
Prepare to choose how you best want to spend the morning and afternoon within the park. Itching for a big hike? Looking to take part in a ranger program or interpretive walk? It's all up to you and your guide will give you all the best trails, tips and recommendations.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Glacier Point, Yosemite Lodge Resort origin, Yosemite National Park, CA
Have you ever wondered what Yosemite Valley looks like from above? Join your guide to the top of the world to reach Glacier Point. This is said to be one of the best views in the entire park and we want to make sure you don't miss it!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Turlock, Turlock, California
After a full morning and afternoon in the park, it is time to say goodbye to the mountains. We will stop for a quick dinner in the Central Valley before heading into San Francisco.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Around 8-9pm we will back in the City by the Bay to drop you off at the same hotel we picked you up from.
Duration: 5 minutes
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Passengers will be picked up from central San Francisco hotels between approximately 6:15am and 7am, depending on the hotel location. If you are staying outside the city center, or in a private residence or vacation rental, we will find the next closest pickup point for you. Tours return to San Francisco hotels at approximately 8pm - 9pm
- Duration: 2 days (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:15am - 7am
- Return Details: Returns to San Francisco hotels at approximately 8pm - 9pm
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- SF hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Narrated guided tour
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in eco-friendly biofuel mini-coach
- Your choice of overnight hotel accommodation in Yosemite Valley (at Yosemite Valley Lodge, Majestic Hotel, or Half Dome Village Tent Cabin), or at Cedar Lodge in the picturesque Merced River canyon
- Entry/Admission - Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias
- Entry/Admission - Tunnel View
- Entry/Admission - Yosemite Village
- Entry/Admission - Yosemite Valley
- Entry/Admission - Glacier Point
- Meals; stops will be made to purchase food at appropriate times during the day.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 5 passengers to guarantee departure
- Guided tours are provided on both days of the tour
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any amendments to dates will incur penalties in accordance to the cancellation policy as detailed in the Terms and Conditions
- Rooms in Yosemite Valley often sell out months in advance. If your choice of accommodation does happen to sell out, you will be offered similar accommodation at the Cedar Lodge
- Important: Any dietary requirements should be entered in the Special Requirements field when booking this tour
- One small overnight bag allowed per person
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
Reasons I loved it:
- Perfect for all fitness/ability levels
I was a bit worried we'd just be speeding around taking quick pictures at key sights, but that wasn't the case! We had plenty of time for pictures, but also for hikes (if you chose), and solo wandering through the valley - it never felt like we were rushing. The hikes were between 2 - 4 hours long. They're completely optional but I highly recommend doing them if you're able as the views were so beautiful! If you're not able to hike, you can have free time to take in the sights or visit the museums.
- Mixed ages and multinational group
* The group size is limited to 16 so you get chatting to everyone and can eat meals together, if you choose. Our groups had couples, a mother and daughter, as well as solo travellers from all over the world!
- Awesome guide
Our guide Jill was fantastic. She was super knowledgeable about the area and really worked to make sure everyone got exactly the experience they wanted, whether that was long hikes, gentle trails, or slow-paced sight seeing. She was always sunny and approachable and made the group feel like a little family from the get go! She also played great chill road trip music in the van.
- Comfortable accommodation
My tip would be that there's not much difference between the Cedar Lodge and the more expensive Yosemite Lode. The latter is located in the valley so you can walk to breakfast, but Cedar Lodge is in a really beautiful location too and the tour guide takes you to breakfast in the bus so it's very easy! I suggest you save your money and spend it on snacks instead!
Title says it all. Except we never saw any bears - they were all at the Folsom St fair I believe? Jill our guide took us on some amazing hikes !
Overall a fantastic experience!
We had Daniel as our guide and he was honestly brilliant. He had been to Yosemite a fair few times and knew all the good spots. Despite having been here before, he was always excited about sights and made it a really fun and special trip. Thanks again Daniel!
Our guide was friendly and informative. I was using a cane for a bad knee and she showed me every consideration.
This trip is definitely worth it. Yosemite is stunning and the itinerary allowed two full days of sightseeing and hiking. We were given plenty of information on options for hikes within the Valley. Our guide Matt was knowledgeable, pleasant and a safe, smooth driver. An added bonus was the playlist in the van (it wasn't too loud though). Passengers with hearing problems or difficulty understanding English would be better sitting near the front as there's no microphone for the commentary. Take plenty of water if it's hot as some of the stops of day 1 have no running water
It was incredible experience in awesome nature with a nice guide. She customized the tour depend on participants' needs.
Our family of four just returned from the two-day tour of Yosemite. Our guide Emma was very knowledgeable, organized, and friendly. There was a lot of traffic coming into the park, but she made sure that we were able to experience many beautiful sights. The overnight at the lodge was great! Beauty surrounds you on this trip. Just amazing!
My wife and I had an incredible time. Kate was our guide. I cannot begin to discribe how wonderful and knowldgeable she was about the area. Unfortunetly it rained and snowed on our second day, but it's not like they can control the weather. Awesome trip!! I would recomend this trip to anyone!
If I could give this tour six stars, I would. The park is spectacular. The ride was comfortable. I give a lot of the credit to our tour guide, Roark, who was knowledgeable, friendly and sensitive to the needs of those of us on the tour. If you have ever been to Yosemite, you know there are no words to sufficiently describe its majesty. With only two days, this tour captured its wonders.
Exciting tour molly was a great guide provided for many memorable photo experiences the lodging was good one of our memersble experiences
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3454YP2D
Similar Tours & Activities