2-Day Hiking Excursion: Mount Washington Ascent
Climb "The home of the world's worst weather" Mount Washington with veteran guides. This 2 day small group course will teach you the fundamentals of winter mountaineering and put your skills to the test on one of the most classic climbs in America.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Day one of our 2 day trip wlll covers mountaineering basics such as, crampon techniques, self arrest, avalanche awareness, and basic roped travel. We will meet at our basecamp in Twin Mountain, NH at 9am. From there, we will fill out our liability waivers and get geared up for the day. We will then have a short drive to a local climbing area, where we will throw on our packs and have a short hike in. We will then find a snowy hill to begin our crampon and self arrest techniques, with views of beautiful Crawford Notch. After some time spent practicing these techniques, we will have a basic talk on avalanche awareness. During our talk, will discuss the basics of avalanches and how and why they form. After some time discussing the hows and whys of avalanches, we will move on to the basic rope techniques used in the White Mountains. If conditions permit, we will have a chance to do some glissading before our walk out. We will then head back to our basecamp to do a full gear check for our summit attempt the next day.
Day 2 of our trip we tackle the iconic Mount Washington. Mt. Washington is known as "The home of the world's worst weather" and for good reason. It is common in the winter for wind speeds to hit 100+ mph, making this a real challenge and an unforgettable experience. We will meet at our Basecamp in Twin Mountain, NH at 7am where we will fill out our waivers and do a quick gear check before heading out to the trail. We will ascend the Ammonoosuc trail, passing several frozen waterfall along the way. After a strenuous 2 mile hike we will break the treeline at the Lake of the Clouds hut. From there there is an exposed 1.4 mile hike to the summit of New England. After our summit we will descend the trail and return to the basecamp to swap stories and say our goodbyes.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: White Mountains, NH
- Duration: 2 days (Approx.)
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- All technical climbing gear
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Mountaineering boot rentals
- Personal clothing and gear
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Mountaineering boots available for rental
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-10674P2
Similar Tours & Activities