2-Day Alcatraz Day Tour and Silicon Valley Tech Tour Package
See the #1 Attraction in San Francisco: the historic Alcatraz Island and Prison! Tickets for this iconic attraction are in high demand, and you can guarantee yourself a visit with this tour package.
On the second day, learn all about the history and future of technology in California on a day tour to Silicon Valley: the birthplace of computers as we know them. Get a taste of where it all started at the Computer History Museum, and then visit the Google, Facebook, and Apple campuses and gear shops where you'll have a chance to play with some of the newest gadgets available!
Day 1 - Alcatraz Island is the #1 attraction in San Francisco, and you can see it for yourself! Taking the ferry to Alcatraz will afford you amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco city skyline from the north. When you land on the island, you’ll get a short history of Alcatraz, and then head up into the prison!
You’ll be equipped with an audio tour titled “Doing Time” and hear interviews from former inmates (available in 11 languages). You may explore for as long as you want (the ferry departs for the mainland approximately every 30-40 minutes). The tour generally takes people about two and a half hours.
Day 2 - Get ready to see where it all began! A professional docent/guide will take you back in time and drive you into the future on this educational tech tour of Silicon Valley.
You'll start the day with a visit to the Computer History Museum: see some of the first mega-computers and commercially-produced machines, as well as classics like Pac Man and Atari to stir up some childhood memories.
You’ll visit the Google Campus/gift shop and see the famous multi-colored Google bikes, and have a chance to check-in at the Facebook "Like" sign, before heading over to the newly-built Apple visitor’s center for an interactive exhibit of the new campus, and opportunity to test out the newest gadgets.
Then, grab a late lunch in Palo Alto before "commuting" back to San Francisco!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, 2500 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
2: Hilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
- Duration: 27 to 32 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided, narrated in-coach tour of Silicon Valley
- Alcatraz Island Ferry Tour ($39.90 USD value)
- Meals (stop will be made for lunch)
- There is no transport provided on Day 1 to/from the Alcatraz pier
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Alcatraz info
- Full names (and ages for anyone under 18) are required at least 5 days in advance of the tour date to confirm Alcatraz tickets. We are not responsible for tickets not fulfilled due to missing or incorrect information.
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3454P34
Similar Tours & Activities