2.5-Hour Denali Wilderness ATV Adventure Tour
Get ready for an adventure in the Alaskan wilderness with an ATV tour from Denali. On an automatic single or double ATV, you'll ride along trails surrounded by Denali National Park at speeds up to 30 mph (48 kph), and make stops to enjoy 360-degree views of the Alaska Range, Otto Lake, and the Healy Valley. Traverse rocky creek beds and splash through the water (weather permitting) as a guide leads you through the rugged terrain and provides opportunities for photography. Wildlife is abundant, so watch for moose on the trail. When booking, select from several departure times and decide whether you want a single or 2-passenger side-by-side ATV.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All necessary equipment included
- Led by a local guide
Your Denali ATV tour starts with hotel pickup for the drive to the location where you'll begin riding your ATV. Total tour time is 2.5 hours; you'll spend 1.5 hours on the trail, covering about 10 miles (16 km). There are four types of ATVs available: one single-rider option and three multi-rider side-by-side options. Each ATV is 4-wheel-drive and has automatic transmission, and the side-by-side ATVs have roofs and windshields.
You have several options for departure time when booking. Morning and late-afternoon/evening tours, when the light is low, typically provide the best chance of seeing animals. Moose are not frightened by ATV engines and are often spotted on or along the trails or walking through the launch site. Smaller animals are more skittish, though, and harder to spot in the brush.
All tours are guided, and your group will be made up of people with various skills and riding abilities; novices and experts are all welcome. Your guide will assess the speed that is best and safest for your group.
When your time on the trails around the Denali Wilderness is up, you'll be returned to your pickup location to end your tour.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Centrally located hotels in Denali. Pick-up times at lodging locations:Denali Cabins - 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure Denali Park Village, Grizzly Bear - 25 minutes prior to scheduled departure Riley Creek Mercantile - 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure Grande Denali - 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure Denali Bluffs Cabins at Denali - 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure Rainbow RV Park, Denali Raft - Meet at the tour office 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure Tour Office - 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure Denali Princess, Mckinley Chalet, Crow's Nest-meet at Salmon Bake, Salmon Bake - 5 minutes prior to scheduled departure Healy Launch, Self-drive, Lakeview Inn - At scheduled departure Denali RV Park & Motel, Denali Park Hotel - 10 minutes after scheduled departure Mckinley RV Park, USA Gas Station - 15 minutes after scheduled departure
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant seats available
- Must be 16 years of age or older to drive an ATV
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You will get muddy and be exposed to the elements, so please dress accordingly
- No ATV experience is necessary
- Transport is wheelchair-accessible, however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited, which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
Average 4.57 out of 5 stars based on 7 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Doug and Rachael were great on the ride. But their is not a whole lot to look at on the ride, You only go to one corner of the park (blm land) and see the view of the valley. You cant see the mountain like I thought.
Excellent trip. A lot of fun. Guides were knowledgeable and very courteous. Would highly recommend!
We are a family of 5 adults and we had a blast with Wes and Jack. They were super fun, knowledgeable, and relaxed. I would recommend this excursion to everyone!
With my family of five, we had so much fun exploring in and around Healy, Alaska! My mom and her husband had a buggie, while my brothers and I rode the ATVs. Our guides, Wes and Jack were very knowledgeable about the area and were great fun. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.
Staff great and it was fun. Didn't see any wildlife. The weather was rainy but it almost made it that much better going through the puddles.
Fun ride with great views..didn't see any animals..just great scenery. Crew very informative. Rough ride thru rocky trails.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-44183P1