16-Hour Tour of the Arctic Circle in Winter from Fairbanks
Discover winter in Alaska’s Arctic! Experience for yourself the legendary hospitality and authentic interpretation that made the original Arctic Circle Drive Adventure famous. Travel the famed Dalton Highway. View the remarkable Trans Alaska Pipeline. Experience the mighty Yukon River. Explore up close the amazing arctic tundra. Cross the Arctic Circle and receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Northern Alaska Tour Company, Fairbanks, AK 99708
Northern Alaska Tour Company originated guided tours into Alaska's Arctic on the Dalton Highway. Guides provide not only a safe journey but share the story of Alaska's Arctic making it a memorable day.
Duration: 16 hours
Stop At: James Dalton Highway, Fairbanks, AK
DOES NOT GO ALL THE WAY TO COLDFOOT - Viator locator only has Coldfoot for the Dalton Highway -- Guest get out and experience Alaska's Arctic made accessibly by the Dalton Highway - built for the transportation of goods to the Prudhoe Bay Oil Fields.
Duration: 11 hours
Stop At: Arctic Circle Trading Post, Mile 49.5 Elliott Hwy, Fairbanks, AK
Just one of the stops made along the way to see up close and learn about the natural and cultural history of Alaska's Arctic -- here learn of the early homesteading in Alaska and how early pioneers forged a home out in the middle of the wilderness.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Yukon River Bridge, Alaska
The tour will stop at the Yukon River Camp both on the way north and way south. Guests can either have brought their own food to eat or purchase lunch/dinner here. Plus, guests get a chance to get out and explore the banks of the mighty Yukon River.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: BLM Arctic Circle Monument Sign, MP 115.5 Elliott Highway, Fairbanks, AK
Celebrate reaching the Arctic Circle at Milepost 115 of the Dalton Highway -- 200 miles north of Fairbanks! All guests will earn an official Arctic Circle Certificate.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 3820 University Ave S, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
- Duration: 16 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Check in is at 9:30am
Tour departs at 10am
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - BLM Arctic Circle Monument Sign
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-28440P3
Similar Tours & Activities