13-Mile Scenic Float Trip with picnic lunch
Our mid-morning departure includes a lunch during your float. Our guides provide a tasty lunch as you take in the views of the Tetons and the Snake River’s abundant riparian habitat. The bald eagle is king on this stretch of the river, among the finest habitats for our nation's symbol in the lower 48 states. Osprey and Pelicans compete for the native cutthroat trout as well, and moose, deer and elk occasionally appear to take a drink or escape the summer heat. Children as young as 3 are welcome. You’ll enjoy the warm summer afternoon or cool morning in the beautiful surroundings of the Snake River.
Please check in to our office at 335 N. Cache in Jackson 15 minutes before your trip time. After checking in you will have access to restrooms and dressing rooms to prepare for your trip. Once your bus departs our office, it takes about 15 minutes to reach the "put-in" at the Wilson Bridge Ramp on the Snake River. There are pit toilets at the ramp. After your ramp orientation, you will launch and begin your 13-mile trip on the river. Halfway through your trip, your guide will stop at a midstream island and serve a picnic lunch. These 13 miles can take anywhere from an hour and a half to over two hours late in the season, depending on flows. Once at the take-out you load the bus and return home to our office in Jackson, about 20 minutes, Total round-trip time is 3-4 hours.Rarely, river condidtions do not allow for picnic stop on river. In that case, lunch is served at our office.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Lewis & Clark Expeditions: Just 3 blocks north of the Jackson Town Square
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:45 AM
- Professional guide
- Transport to and from the river
- Rain ponchos
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO WEAR:
- For scenic floats, you should dress according to the weather. Keep in mind that the weather changes quickly at mountain elevations, and layering your clothing will enhance your comfort. This way you can peel or add layers as the conditions change. Sturdy shoes you wouldn't mind getting wet or dirty are recommended.
- We have access to real-time doppler radar. Some trips cancel due to inclement weather. If you have concerns, please call our office. Weather changes quickly, so even inclement weather a half hour before departure does not necessarily mean cancellation. Cancelled trips result in offer to rebook or refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-56481P4
Similar Tours & Activities