12pm – Public High Noon History, Legends & Lore Tour – Guided Old Town Stroll
We KNOW Old Town! We know the sights, sounds, flavors, people, shops, products, places, photo opportunities and all of the unique things that give visitors the complete “Old Town Experience”. Whether you're visiting Old Town for just a few hours or for several days, we ensure that you won't miss a thing! Our professional Guides will cater to your almost every need. We know the History, Legends & Lore. We know Shops, Merchants, Museums, Restaurants, Hidden Treasures and Special Gems that you would not find on your own. We will tell you Old Town's Secrets!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Albuquerque Old Town, N Plaza St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104
Certified Tour Guides dispel the rumors and myths with authentic information about the “Duke City” as they escort you on an exciting adventure through time. Embark on a 75-minute , guided, leisurely stroll which takes you through the streets and alleys of one of the oldest towns in North America.
Life has flourished in the Land of Enchantment for thousands of years. Many early American Indian tribes inhabited nearby pueblos and the Spanish Conquistadors explored the Southwest in search of the mythical Seven Cities of Gold.
Old Town was founded in 1706, over seventy years before the United States became a country, and has thrived on the banks of the Rio Grande for centuries.Our #1 Ranked Walking Tours are held most days and evenings in the historic heart of the Duke City!
We know the sights, sounds, flavors, people, shops, products, places, photo opportunities and all of the unique things that give visitors the complete “Old Town Experience”. Whether you're visiting Old Town for just a few hours or for several days, we ensure that you won't miss a thing!
Uncover Old Town's unusual and well-hidden architectural details. Reminisce about the early southwest pioneers’ daily struggle to survive. Relive the sights and sounds of the Civil War as Confederate soldiers entered the Plaza. Imagine early merchants as they traveled the Santa Fe Trail for trade.
We specialize in informative, interesting and entertaining outdoor walking tours which share a wide variety of interesting trivia and historical facts in the heart of the Duke City. We provide memorable experiences for both locals and visitors to the Land of Enchantment.
Old Town has continued to thrive for over three centuries on the banks of the Rio Grande River. It wasn't until January 6, 1912 that New Mexico was admitted into the Union as the 47th State.
Merchants traveled the nearby Santa Fe Trail and the El Camino Real in search of trade. Explorer Zebulon Pike stayed on the Plaza, held captive in the rectory of the San Felipe de Neri Catholic Church. According to U.S. vital records, Soldiers including General Stephen Watts Kearny as well as Confederate General Henry H. Sibley each occupied Old Albuquerque. Wild West legends as Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and Billy the Kid are each rumored to have passed through Old Town
The coming of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad caused a move to New Town in 1880. But later, the arrival of the Mother Road (Route 66) brought people back to Old Town in the 1930s.
A visit to New Mexico is not complete without tasting our renowned chili (red or green).
Many souvenirs for your friends back home can be purchased in Old Town including turquoise, Kachina Dolls, chili ristras and pottery (The cultural corridor includes museums and other attractions in close walking distance)
If you're visiting in December, do not miss the Old Town Holiday Stroll and festive luminarias!
Visiting Old Town Albuquerque with us on foot is the best way to find the well-hidden original adobe buildings and the hard-to-notice unique New Mexican architectural details. Many properties are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and several hidden treasures are all highlighted by our professional storytellers during our memorable walks
Tours include historical photos, interesting trivia and fun facts of Albuquerque and the state of New Mexico! Our History Tours are perfect for both locals and visitors to the Land of Enchantment. Step back in time and experience our History, Legends & Lore
Duration: 4 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: #AbqTours - History & GHOST Tours of Old Town, Plaza Don Luis #N120, 303 Romero St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104, USA
- Duration: 1 to 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 12:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Admission to the 12pm Guided Outdoor Walking Tour
- Family Friendly. Pet friendly.
- Historic Photographs, Legends, Folklore, Historic Properties, Trivia and fun facts!
- Guides accept & appreciate your Gratuity, suggested 15% at Tour's end - think of it as good karma!
- We do not usually go inside the buildings during the Tour, we reminisce from the outside walkways.
- Tours meet at our Ticket Window in Old Town. Transportation to and from Old Town is NOT included.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Good, old-fashioned, family fun and information
- Outdoor walking Tour held regardless of the weather: Sun, rain, storm, wind or snow.
- Most travelers can participate
- Tours are Pet Friendly
- Tours are a 1-mile leisurely stroll with several opportunities to sit down along the way. No hills. No stairs. Not continual walking.
- Dress for the weather. Drink plenty of water. Sun screen and comfortable walking shoes suggested. Bring a poncho or umbrella for rainy days if so desired.
- Tour is wheel chair, stroller, cane, scooter, crutch and other mobility device friendly.
- Service Animals and pets allowed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Our Old Town guide Charles, was very informative, with lots of insight information and eagerness to share experiences. We enjoyed our tour of Old Town, NM which was a very pleasant 2 hours spent! Highly recommend
A must do to learn about the history of Old Town Albuquerque. It was both entertaining and educational.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-116027P3
Similar Tours & Activities