10,000 Islands Ultimate Shelling Kayak Adventure Tour Naples Kayak Adventures
Attention Shelling Explorers & Marine Life Lovers! This is a Rare Opportunity to Travel into the Ten Thousand Islands by Kayak During the Perfect Tides to Explore Vast Exposed Ocean Floors & Huge Calm Tide Pools! Designed for Easy Paddling! You Will Discover Seashells Galore Guaranteed (Many Keepers)! Have Fun Finding, Keeping & Learning About a Huge Variety of Seashells (see details). You Will See and Learn About a Host of Rare Marine Life Such as: various colorful sponges & corals, starfish (5 & 9 legged), various living seashells, sea urchin, sand dollar, comb jellies, sea beans, octopus, seahorses & much more! Great Family Fun! Enjoy 1.5 hrs of Dedicated Shelling & Exploration Time on a Remote Island Accesible by Kayak! Also Have Chances to See: Dolphins, Manatees, Sea Turtles, Ocean Fish, Tropical Birds & Much More During Your Travels! All the Best Equipment Included for You (see details).
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: TEN THOUSAND ISLANDS NWR, 3860 Tollgate Blvd Ste 300, Naples, FL 34114-5444
Attention Shelling Explorers & Marine Life Lovers! This is a Rare Opportunity to Travel into the Ten Thousand Islands by Kayak During the Perfect Tides to Explore Vast Exposed Ocean Floors & Huge Calm Tide Pools! Designed for Easy Paddling! You Will Discover Seashells Galore Guaranteed (Many Keepers)! Have Fun Finding, Keeping & Learning About a Huge Variety of Seashells (see details). You Will See and Learn About a Host of Rare Marine Life Such as: various colorful sponges & corals, starfish (5 & 9 legged), various living seashells, sea urchins, sand dollars, comb jellies, sea beans, octopus, seahorses & much more! Great Family Fun! Enjoy 1.5 hrs of Dedicated Shelling & Exploration Time on a Remote Island Accesible by Kayak! Also Have Chances to See: Dolphins, Manatees, Sea Turtles, Ocean Fish, Tropical Birds & Much More During Your Travels! All of the Best Equipment is Outfitted for You During Your Kayaking Tour (all of our equipment is kept indoors, never rented out and is only used for kayak tours). Collect Seashells in Your FREE Large Seashell Bag with Handles! Enjoy Your FREE Seashell Bracelet We Handcraft You Onsite from a Favorite Seashell You Find! Cherish Your Memories with All the FREE Photos We Take of Your Group! If You Book 6 or More, We Will Make You a FREE Music Video of Your Tour! We Also Provide FREE Bottled Water and Include Parking & Launch with Your Tour! You Will Get the Attention & Education You Deseve with Two Florida Coastal Naturalist Tour Guides on Every Tour! What Makes Naples Kayak Adventures Special? We Research the Tides Only Providing Tours During the Best Times for an Optimal Experience! We Provide 2 Tour Guides for Personalized Experiences! We Provide the Most Amenities for the Best Price and Duration! We Provide Top of the Line, Comfortable, Well Cared for Equipment that is Only Used for Kayak Tours! Come Join Naples Kayak Adventures for an Elite Kayak Tour Experience!
Details: This tour departs from south Marco Island during the best tides. This tour is designed up to a year in advance to provide the best shelling experience and ease in paddling. You will safely follow your tour guides into the ten thousand islands for an amazing shelling and marine life adventure. During your travels to a remote island you will enjoy opportunities to see a host of marine life from the waters surface of your kayak. On the island, you will see a vast exposed ocean floor with many calm tide pools for you to explore. There will be seashells and living marine life everywhere. You will learn about a host of seashells and marine life including: interesting facts, what shells are keepers, where to possibly find a particular shell and so much more! Onsite for FREE, we handcraft you a 100% hemp bracelet with beads, your seashell and clasps so you can wear it when you want! Enjoy finding a variety of possible empty seashells to keep such as: whelk, conch, tulip, urchins, olive, murex, pearl oyster, conchal, junonia, cockle, bonnet, scallops, clams, drill, sand dollar, coquina, ceriths, worm snail, spotted slipper, limpet, turkey & angel wing, triton, cantharus, periwinkle, cat's paw, nerite, king's crown, nautilus, lion's paw, pen shell, tun, dove shell, baby's ear, rock shell, fig, carrier shell, dosinia, tagelus,venus, quahog, mussel, lucine, blood ark, oyster, nutmeg, tagelus, distorsio, shark's eye, rangia, bubble, sundial, bonnet, top shell, tellin, cone, wentlet trap, florida spiny jewelbox, jingle, gulf cone snail, auger & more! A host of rare live aquatic life to see may include: various colorful sponges & corals, starfish (5 & 9 legged), various living seashells (see above), sea urchin, sand dollar, comb jellies, sea beans, octopus, seahorses & much more! Have fun learning about a huge soft living bio mat! Marine life opportunities to encounter include: dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, fish, tropical birds and much more! We take photos of you and your group during your tour and fill up a folder to share with you via google drive for FREE! We will also create a FREE 3-4 minute music video if you book 6 or more seats! Enjoy a FREE bottle of water from our cooler! The best equipment use inc: a bona fide stable sit on top ocean kayak, lower and upper cushioned adjustable seats, built in footwells to adjust your position and to extend your legs, lightweight adjustable fiberglass paddles that fit your height and provide ease in paddling, cup holder, storage cubby, outer netted storage areas, life jacket, whistle (Our kayaks & equipment are stored inside a building & never left outside or used for renting. This way you get quality equipment outfitted for you everytime)! Parking & launch included. We love making memories at Naples Kayak Adventures so, you're going to have a great time on the water with us! See you soon!
Minors require adult supervision. Pricing is per seat. Seats will be in tandem kayaks. Single kayak seats will be made available for single bookings & the extra person in odd number groups. Single kayak wt limit: 350 lbs, tandem wt limit: 250 lbs/person or 500 lbs/combined. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your interest in booking with Naples Kayak Adventures.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Marco Island, FL 34145, USA
- Duration: 180 to 210 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: This tour starts and ends at different times of the day throughout the year based on the best tides for shelling and ease in paddling. We have researched and planned our tours well in advance, however favorable conditions change daily. Therefore, some tours start early in the morning, mid afternoon or toward the evening depending on the tide for that specific day. We have each tour planned up to a year in advance on our sites booking calendar online, however; we do not have a way to list each individual start time for every day of the year on trip advisors site at this time. Once you book we will promptly notify you via Trip Advisor with your tour times for the specific day you booked. Thank you for your cooperation so, that we may provide you with a one of a kind kayak tour experience. *Please arrive 10 minutes early to check in & sign paperwork*
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- FREE Bracelet Hand Crafted on Site from a Seashell You Find! Choose from a variety of colors. Made with hemp rope and specialty beads! Lobster clasps added so you can wear it when you want! (see details)
- FREE Folder Full of Photos with Every Kayak Tour! FREE Folder Full of Photos and a 3-4 Minute Music Video for Parties of 6 or More!
- Your tour will include use of: a bona fide comfortable sit on top stable ocean kayak with cushioned high back supportive adjustable seats, footwells for plenty of room to adjust your position and extend your legs, fun colors, cupholders (1 in singles & 3 in tandems), light fiberglass paddles to provide ease in paddling, clean comfortable life jackets, whistle, sealed storage (1 in singles and 2 in tandems), and 2 netted outer storage areas.
- Included all parking and launch fees
- Free large seashell bag with handles.
- FREE Bottle of Water!
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - TEN THOUSAND ISLANDS NWR
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Required forms: each participant will be required to sign our participant agreement release & acknowledgement of risk and our equipment agreement waiver & release of liability forms onsite prior to participating in any activities. (Please contact us if you need these forms in advance or if you have any questions regarding these forms. They are common and are required for water sports activities. Even though, this is a relatively safe activity, please acknowledge this is an at your own risk activity where you and your minor will be kayaking in brackish & saltwater to view wildlife which can be unpredictable).
- ALL MINORS MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their participant agreement release & acknowledgement of risk and our equipment agreement waiver & release of liability forms. This is required for any minor to participate in any of our activities. (Please contact us if you need these forms in advance for a parent to sign).
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors ages 7-13 are allowed to paddle in a tandem, but must have an adult in the same kayak with them.
- Minors ages 4-6 ride in the middle plastic molded seat near their parent when 2 seats are booked in a tandem. There is plenty of room for comfort and to extend your legs.
- Kayak tours are designed for easy/beginner level. However, you should decide if you're in sufficient health to participate in this activity. At times currents and winds can change direction requiring additional effort. All participants that ride in a paddling seat must be physically fit, able and willing to paddle. Otherwise, they can ride in the center seat with two other paddlers in the kayak, so long as weight requirements are met.
- No alcohol permitted. Cannot be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Handmade seashell jewelry contains small parts and is a potential choking hazard. Seashell jewelry is only intended for and only hand crafted for persons 12 years of age and older.
- Free photos are taken during your tour for your group of 1-5 participants and is shared easily with you via google drive within 24-48 hours excluding holidays.
- Free 3-4 minute music video and a folder full of photos is created for parties that book six or more seats. Photos and your music video will be sent within 24-72 hours excluding holidays and shared with you easily via google drive.
- All participants weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight Limits cannot exceed the following: single seat kayak weight limit is 350 lbs, tandem weight limit is 250 lbs per participant or a combined weight of 500 lbs or less.
- All participants must wear a lifejacket (PFD) when kayaking.
- Recommended items to bring on your tour includes: Water shoes or Aqua Socks are Required for this Tour, Polarized sunglasses, Water resistant sunscreen lotion 50 SPF or greater, Sun shielding hat, Any personal items you will need and can't be without, Insect repellent, A zip lock baggie to place any items you want to prevent from getting wet (There is a sealed storage compartment to store items, often times it stays dry, however items can and may still get wet inside the compartment), Comfortable clothing such as swimwear or shorts that you don't mind getting wet, Towel, Use the restroom before arrival (since we pick hot spots to see wildlife, some areas may not have bathrooms onsite), Sufficient bottled water and snacks for a two and a half hour kayak tour, A Happy Disposition & Smiles for Pics & Videos of your Great Kayak Adventure (pics & videos are a free service we provide. if you do not want your pic taken just simply let us know).
- Near public transportation
- Pricing is per seat. Seats will be in tandem kayaks, Single kayak seats will be made available for single bookings and the extra person that is in your group when you book an odd number of seats.
- You will need to decide if you are physically fit to paddle a kayak.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
My wife and I had a blast on our Kayaking tour, we will certainly do it again and have advised our family and friends to do the same. Our guides were super knowledgeable on the sea life, currents and beaches of 10,000 islands making this excursion the highlight of our vacation.
We had such a great time with Laura and Mike and I can't thank them enough! After booking, you will get an email from Cool Destinations with a bar code and further information (time, directions) just be sure to scroll down. They plan your trip around low tide to ensure you will get the best shells possible. I couldn't believe the condition of the shells we found, they were just pristine! The amount of shells out there is just out of this world, the pictures do it no justice. We looked for specific shells and still managed to go home with 17 lbs packed into our carry on (I recommend bringing an extra luggage bag for all your treasures). We also learned so much from Mike about sea life, shells, birds and the eco system. He is so knowledgeable and has a passion for his work, thank you for taking the time and effort in teaching us so much. A great time was had by all and I just wanted to thank you guys one last time!
Fun time for any age. Tour was very well run. Kayaks were fun. Made two stops and each was fantastic. Found live starfish and other marine life. Mike and Laura were knowledgeable on all the shells we found as well as the living creatures that we scooped up. Never saw so many shells and it was difficult to find the one perfect one that Laura and Mike made into a bracelet for each guest. Highly recommend this adventure-tour. Great time!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-73652P7